Charlie Sheen

I'm Donating $1 MILLION

to U.S. Troops

7/16/2012 11:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0716_charlie_sheen_amrican_flag_article
Charlie Sheen hasn't spent all of his money on crack and hookers ... in fact, the Warlock has announced he's donating ONE MILLION DOLLARS to support our men and women in uniform.

Sheen has pledged to give at least $1 million to the U.S.O (United Service Org.) ... the largest single contribution the USO has ever received from an individual.

Sheen says he will donate 1% of the profits from his "Anger Management" earnings ... with a minimum of $1 mil ... and an unlimited cap. So the more $ he makes from his show, the more $ goes to the USO.

Brig Gen (ret) John Pray, EVP and Chief of Staff, USO released a statement saying, “[Sheen's] support is greatly appreciated, especially from our wounded warriors and their families.”

Sheen also released a statement saying, "It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us."

He adds, "They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I’m just happy that my work on 'Anger Management' can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families.”

0716_hoorah_heroes_contest_footer

Susan62509

Well, Mr. Charlie Sheen just gained enormous points in my book. Thank you Charlie Sheen for your generousity. Our own government has let down our veterans and other celebrities assist with donations in other countries. I vote to help those at home firs,t so to assist you Charlie in reaching your pledge of $1M, I will watch "Anger Management" and support your cause. As long as you get plenty of viewers, your program will continue and the american public can do their share by supporting in your goal.

Trina

this is all fine and good, but how sad it is that money like this needs to be donated. Wounded soldiers should already be taken care of. Also I would like to see how much really goes to the people that needs it and how much goes to the administration.

Wash. Hts. Girl

Whatever the reason (who cares?) it is a very worthy cause. You did good Charlie, many good Karma points for you this time around. I hope your new show is a success.

kimkardashianstalkingass

I wish he'd use the money to send Kim K and her pimp mom to Iraq and leave them there for all long as they manage to stay alive - which I hope wouldn't be too long.

Uh

What a puke. What did you do in the war, Daddy? I played a soldier. I had to spend hours in makeup 5 days a week. I have fists of fury (at least that's what the director told me). I have a new television (obsolete) show. I wonder why I didn't think of doing this earlier?

kimkardashianstalkingass

Our own branches of militaries use, abuse and refuse it's own soldiers more harshly than Charlie uses cocaine.

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

God Bless ya Charlie you crazy freak...with a heart!!!

Susan62509

Charlie planned a win win situation for both himself and the U.S.O. I think this is great because it may motivate more of the 1% wealthy in our country to follow his lead.

DetroitRocks

Like him or hate him that is awesome. I hope the money is used wisely

Janny

Whatever his motives are,I say right on!!!

ali

Okay so do it. why announce it?

Mike

He knows he isn't getting any drugs in return right?

billy cema

Charity Chic! That's the best way to rehab a celeb's image. Angie used this a lot!

Susan62509

Charlie informed General John I. Pray, Jr., Executive Vice President and Joint Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Force , prior to notifying the media. If Charlie doesn't do everything possible to maintain this pledge, he will be blacklisted by the public. So Charlie basically put himself in the hot seat under our watch. That takes guts.

THIN LIZZY

It's funny how all the dirtbags got something bad to say. How much have you donated or given to a service member?