Charlie Sheen

I'm Donating $1 MILLION

to U.S. Troops

7/16/2012 11:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0716_charlie_sheen_amrican_flag_article
Charlie Sheen hasn't spent all of his money on crack and hookers ... in fact, the Warlock has announced he's donating ONE MILLION DOLLARS to support our men and women in uniform.

Sheen has pledged to give at least $1 million to the U.S.O (United Service Org.) ... the largest single contribution the USO has ever received from an individual.

Sheen says he will donate 1% of the profits from his "Anger Management" earnings ... with a minimum of $1 mil ... and an unlimited cap. So the more $ he makes from his show, the more $ goes to the USO.

Brig Gen (ret) John Pray, EVP and Chief of Staff, USO released a statement saying, “[Sheen's] support is greatly appreciated, especially from our wounded warriors and their families.”

Sheen also released a statement saying, "It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us."

He adds, "They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I’m just happy that my work on 'Anger Management' can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families.”

0716_hoorah_heroes_contest_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Sarah

He actually is a really generous guy. I know he personally donated money to two police officers who were battling cancer to help with medical bills. I assume he does this all the time and does it privately and not for attention or ratings.

Susan

Celebrities who make these announces are not altruistic. They are self serving for their own promotion. True altruistic and caring people don't make announcements on donations. Plenty of celebrities make big donations every year. Firstly, yes they give to causes they care about. Second, it's done for the big tax right offs. But someone who has the need to announce this to the world is looking for good publicity for a new (and bad) tv show.

Googie

....and it's not a bad tax deduction either.

Brooke

This doesn't mean that Charlie is a good person people! Its just a stunt to get ratings for his show.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Another celebrity sucking the miltary's penis for publicity. And if you ask me what I do for the people in the service? Look up the word "taxpayer", that's your answer. If certain presidents hadn't started redundant illegal wars by lying to the public, wasting billions of dollars, there would be enough money to take better care of the veterans of the wars that actually were necessary. Oh, I forgot, NONE of the wars since 1945 were necessary. Or successful. Too bad - so sad.

Rocket

Class act right there! I always liked this guy!! Screw winning. You're a champion, Charlie Sheen! A modern day American hero!!! Hoo-rah!!!!

KevinSheen

Good stuff.

bunny

He better save his money because Anger Management sucks.

Karen

Nice gesture, Charlie. ...and I'm liking the show much better.

YoungHusky

Charlie has always been a strong supporter of the men and women who serve this Country and risk and at times give their lives. One of Charlie's best movies, which is probably also one of his least known is Cadence, his performance in that movie is amazing and so is Martin Sheen's who stars opposite his son. If you watch it, see if you notice Charlie's older brother Ramon Estevez, this family needs to make more movies/shows together.

SpitBall

Charlie who?

Mark S

I like Charlie a lot. I'd rather have someone like Charlie, that says whats on his mind, than someone like obama that tells you he's doing one thing while doing the exact opposite.
Truth vs liar.