Eddie Griffin Fight

The Homophobic,

Delusional Explanation

7/16/2012 9:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0715_eddie_griifin-tmz
Eddie Griffin is threatening to sue TMZ over the story we broke regarding the water-bottle throwing incident at a comedy club this weekend -- problem is, Eddie clearly didn't read the story.

Griffin has released a statement on his Facebook page ... in which he falsely claims TMZ accused him of "assaulting" a woman in the audience of his show in Pleasanton, California.

He also refers to the woman as a "dyke bitch."

For those who actually read the story ... you would know Eddie was NOT the instigator. It was the woman in the crowd who threw her drink first after hearing a joke she considered to be offensive.

Eddie then retaliated by pouring his water bottle on the woman ... and then throwing the bottle at her.

071512_griffin_launch
Despite the facts, and footage of the incident, Griffin released the following statement:

"These TMZ bitches said I assaulted a "WOMAN" at my show in cali. I don't know what kind of eyes these mutha f**kas got but that dyke bitch threw a glass of whatever she was drinkin' in my face. All over a joke about dyke bitches!"

He continued, "Now TMZ be careful with your choice of words, I didn't ASSAULT a goddamn thing! if I had a n*gga would be locked the fuck up. As usual, media doing sensationalism instead of journalism."

"Ya'll better retract your story before i sue ya'll bitch asses for defirmation of character!…or…rather what you really do…character assassination!!! You parasitic mutha F**kas!!!..TMZ these nuts bitch!!!"

kronenburg

Yet another classy and articulate celebrity, full of charm, warmth, and compassion.

Meme

Reading is fundamental.

Sue

Such a Class Act.

me

Eddie Griffin isn't funny. Not even a little.

Hank

I love the fact that he uses the word "dyke bitch" to describe a woman and then wants to sue TMZ for defamation. And, of course he didn't read the article properly - I'm sure the ignorant N can't even read.

Jodi

Hey Eddie where you too drunk to read the TMZ article correctly last night? TMZ said the woman threw a drink on you first . Learn to read before you talk about suing and dude next time you go to your dentist have him/her bring that whiteness down a notch on your teeth. That much whiteness is blinding. Not a good look.

Neil

What's funny is the amount of racism in these comments. I was at the early show the night this happened and Eddie was hilarious. This woman was clearly in the wrong. As for Eddie's Facebook response, I imagine he was pretty pissed off. I'm sure none of you have ever hastily written something out of anger before, though..You're clearly all too educated and smart for that...even though you're browsing TMZ on a Monday morning.

Mumra the Ever Living

Eddie, I need you to clear something up for me. Is the proper term bitch dyke or dyke bitch?

Chatter

Yo Eddie....You such a classy N***A...

How does this piece of trash continue to make a living?!? Oh...that's right....other classy N***A's support his version of "comedy".

jetfanglo

what a class act.......as he has demonstated, stereo-typing & profiling are inaccurate(nudge-nudge,wink-wink).......;)

Big D

Wow the higher education of this nobody just spills out in every sentence he speaks. I guess if you think you are a thug then you have to talk like you go that jethro bodine edumacation. You use profanity when you don't know the proper name for things. He be a stupid mutha F**kin n*gga too...

Meme

It's not defamation of character if it is true. This is an empty threat.

Chatter

Oh....and I forgot.....Good job crashing a Ferrari Enzo, Douchbag..... You drive like you do comedy...."Slow and Sloppy"!!!

cekeste

This isn't a statement. It's a writing sample from a TMZ application.

Areader

Gotta love how he demeans the black community by his use of the N Word!