Eddie Griffin Fight

The Homophobic,

Delusional Explanation

7/16/2012 9:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0715_eddie_griifin-tmz
Eddie Griffin is threatening to sue TMZ over the story we broke regarding the water-bottle throwing incident at a comedy club this weekend -- problem is, Eddie clearly didn't read the story.

Griffin has released a statement on his Facebook page ... in which he falsely claims TMZ accused him of "assaulting" a woman in the audience of his show in Pleasanton, California.

He also refers to the woman as a "dyke bitch."

For those who actually read the story ... you would know Eddie was NOT the instigator. It was the woman in the crowd who threw her drink first after hearing a joke she considered to be offensive.

Eddie then retaliated by pouring his water bottle on the woman ... and then throwing the bottle at her.

071512_griffin_launch
Despite the facts, and footage of the incident, Griffin released the following statement:

"These TMZ bitches said I assaulted a "WOMAN" at my show in cali. I don't know what kind of eyes these mutha f**kas got but that dyke bitch threw a glass of whatever she was drinkin' in my face. All over a joke about dyke bitches!"

He continued, "Now TMZ be careful with your choice of words, I didn't ASSAULT a goddamn thing! if I had a n*gga would be locked the fuck up. As usual, media doing sensationalism instead of journalism."

"Ya'll better retract your story before i sue ya'll bitch asses for defirmation of character!…or…rather what you really do…character assassination!!! You parasitic mutha F**kas!!!..TMZ these nuts bitch!!!"

Bridget

Well he obviously should have stfu. Yesturday, most people were supporting him. Now after the "statement" people are not only no longer supporting him, but they have turned against him. And for good reason.

With Eddie, I could take him or leave him. If something of his came on I might watch it for a while. But now I will not be doing that. If I see him, I'm changing the channel. Great job Eddie. You made some of the people who didn't have anything against you, realize you're a :bleep:.

Jackie

Ha ha...He should be lucky that TMZ even posted him on their site. baw baw!...cry a river little boy.

texaschickeee

If he would talk with REAL words and leave the cursing out in his threat I might be impressed. He is nothing but a non funny person that makes noise.

CriticXtreme

When he talks he has that Sammy Davis steez going on. When you speak the truth fake, plastic people can't take it.

tom p

Another insult comic who can dish it out but can't take it...which is it Eddie...can words hurt, or should you just laugh it off and get the **** over it?
What a pathetic loser.

stereogirl

*Defamation

Xarexx

Tmz is family Eddie so Family first family first

Bad Dog

The thing that is amazing, the people on his facebook commenting are funnier than he is although they spell about the same.

Jules Destaing

Eddie....please go back to school and learn to SPELL

Gretel

Whoa Eddie! Take a break. You're not on stage right now so settle down. She gave, she got. As far as I was concerned she pretty much invited you to come at her and you kindly obliged. I would have thrown hot coffee on the bytch had she started with me like that. It's over, no need to go into an act about it now. Just breathe man, she earned her splashing.

Dan Frederiksen

TMZ, try to be a little less homopromotional and not use the word homophobic to bully.

it is yet further sign of how gay is mentally ill when it wants to equate bullying with homophobia so you can only be a nice person if you lay down with the sodomites.
if you want to be sick puppies, do it quietly. but of course you can't.

Sugenite

It's actually spelled y'all, not ya'll. Holla!

Scott

Why is it from Detroit to L.A. individuals like Eddie Griffin have to be so ignorant and turn it into a borderline race issue over a story he didnt even either comprehend or didnt actually read. Yet, cause he is Eddie Griffin and a Black entertainer his verbal assault on peoples sexual orientation is justified and accepted as a joke for what he feels is entertainmen purposes. That women should sue and so should TMZ, but be prepared cause his next defense will be "TMZ be doin dis s**t cause I a black man"! Grow up Mr. Griffin and maybe youll recieve the oppertunity to make a decent movie for a change.

Chris

You say n*gga with the asterisk but you can say f*ck with no asterisk. I love this site but did you fire the proof reading employee?

MikeR

Another ignorant black man. Assault isn't just with fists idiot.