« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Is a Financial Disaster

... Says Ex-Money Man

7/16/2012 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0716_Jason-Taylor_getty
update_bar
7/18/12 -- Taylor's lawyer, Raymond Robin, tells TMZ, "The allegations of Mr. Taylor being a colossal financial failure are completely untrue. Mr. Taylor has been very successful in his business ventures.”

Robin adds, "The allegations in our original complaint speak for themselves. We have copies of the checks that Mr. Kim wrote directly to himself to verify our claims."

0314_divider_graphic
Ex-NFL superstar Jason Taylor is a colossal failure when it comes to handling his money ... so says Taylor's former money manager who's now suing the future Hall of Famer for $1,000,000.

Taylor -- who played in the league for 15 seasons -- is being sued by Eric Kim ... an investment broker who claims the two used to be great friends. In fact, Kim says they golfed together, played high-stakes poker together and Taylor even invited Kim to watch Jason compete in the "Dancing with the Stars" finale.

According to the lawsuit filed by Behren Law Firm, Taylor eventually "begged" Kim to step in and handle his financial situation ... "due to a history of colossal failures in his investments."

Kim says he obliged ... and Jason began to make some serious profits. Kim claims he advised Jason to cash out while he was ahead, but Jason didn't listen.

In return for all of his hard work, Kim says Jason turned on him and began trashing him all over town ... calling him a "thief" and telling people he "stole from me."

We broke the story, Taylor SUED Kim last year ... claiming the guy is a fraud who scammed him out of $275k. Kim denies any wrongdoing.

In fact, Kim says he's the real victim ... because Taylor never paid him a dime in commissions. Now he's demanding at least $15k for his services ... plus a MILLION BUCKS for the damage to his reputation.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

OMG, do you mean that there actually is something an NFL star don´t know? I´m shocked, shocked, I tells you.

Oh A 💛💋

I have no life .... I come on here and read this **** !

Areader

There are three sides to every story......Taylor's.....Kim's and the truth!

latestdiets.net

he needs to just dance that debt away. wax on, wax off.

ForTheLulz

FIRST!!!!!

FlaFlaFlooieMamaMonkeyTaTaToothyToY'all

TMZ site design courtesy of Kris Humphries.

R. Cortez

Somebody is lying and because I like football and hate accounting, I'm siding with Jason Taylor. This Kim guy sounds shady. Lots of Dolphin fans might take offense to one of their heroes being ripped off. If I was Kim I might leave town.

Join View

He is excellent! I wish have 1/10 money of him! http://adlerde.com/

Kobe_No_Means_No

I don't trust Koreans.

PPC

No other articles about his "financial disaster." Taylor just signed a contract with ESPN for their NFL programs so that, with his pension, should be a good amount.

craig

his head looks like a scrotum sack with that line

Frederic M. Douglas

Let me get this straight. A "money manager" plays high stakes poker. A "money manager" plays high stakes poker with his client. A "money manager" encourages financial foolishness by playing high stakes poker and then criticizes his client for being a fool with his money. This "money manager" has no sense and contributes to the financial demise of his client.

sara

OMG.. I AM IN LOVE ..HE IS SOOOO CUTE..

TheTruth

I personally know both Jason Taylor and Eric Kim. Eric is a s***bag and has completely made up this story and has sold it to TMZ to make Jason Taylor look bad. Don't believe everything you read. Bad Karma Eric!!

searchub

When you make that much money in fast way what to expect?
Check out my search engine at http://www.searchub.com

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments