« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

My Kids DESERVE

a New Dog

7/18/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

071712_vick_launch
NFL star Michael Vick wants to own a dog again -- and five years after his conviction for illegal dog fighting, he can legally get one -- but the question is ... should he?

The Philadelphia Eagles QB was on Piers Morgan's show last night, and said he would like to get a dog for his kids.

After Vick served 19 months in federal prison ... he was banned from owning dogs for 3 years. That ban is about to expire, and Vick thinks having a dog could be "therapeutic" ... for his children. He told Piers, "I can't take that dream away from them. That's selfish on my behalf."

One positive? Vick says he won't let his kids get a pit bull.

Still, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lou Moore

He served 18 for racketeering NOT animal abuse. He should not be allowed be walk free never mind own another dog. His kids deserve a better father, but they ain't getting that either. He is the worst animal abuser of ALL times.

Jono

His kids deserve a new father

Jason Ogden

This makes me upset. He is evil. Show his kids what he did and they will understand. Hey Mike. Even your kids should be taken away.

Misty

Horrible. His kids can have a dog when they're old enough to move out. Sucks for his kids but that man should never be allowed to own any pet ever again as long as he lives.

faransgirl

No he should not be allowed a dog of any kind. He has already proven his is a sick, evil, cruel individual. What his kids deserve is a father that knows the difference between cruel, torture and entertainment. Sick B______.

faransgirl

No he should not ever be allowed to own a dog of anykind at any time in the future. He has already proven that he is a sick, cruel, evil, individual. People like him don't change. What his kids deserve is a father that understands the difference between cruel torture and entertainment. Sicko.

Raejean

Maybe he needs to explain to his kids why there is a restriction in place. It has nothing to do with Vick being selfish right now...it has everything to do with him being a cold, abusive SOB to animals at an earlier time.

And if he still doesn't get that he's responsible for the problem, he probably shouldn't have kids, either!

Shade

Where's the "F% NO" choice to vote?

Mommyb

This man should NEVER have a dog. If he had never been caught he would still be at it. This man is a monster. He never apologized and ADMITTED what he did. He had all kinds of excuses, by never admitted and took responsibility!!!!! NO, NO, NO!

lupavo

Absolutely NOT!! No one "deserves" a dog. It is not a right to care for another living thing, it is a privilege. And this man (and I use the term loosely) revoked his privilege when he tortured and murdered countless innocent dogs. He has absolutely NO remorse for his actions, only that he got caught, as evidenced by his whining about the fact that he deserves a dog. Man up and tell your kids what YOU did and WHY they can't have a dog!! He is despicable! His kids don't "deserve" a dog, they deserve a better father!

Stepaerobicfan

He should NEVER EVER be allowed a dog again. He took lives. He is a murderer, plain and simple. The dogs out there deserve a better life than to live with that moronic simpleton a-hole. Maybe he should explain to his kids that he is a very very horrible person who mistreated and killed animals...that will be a good topic for therapy if he wants it to be "therapeutic"...

I'm sorry...you reap what you sow. I don't see anywhere in this quote where this idiot says that HE wants a dog or that HE respects animals now and wants to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in an animal's life. Stupid idiot is just trying to save face with his kids.

gotpride76

no way! get a cat...they can be just as therapeutic as a dog

Laura Austin

Vick's, You should of thought about that before you tortured all of those innocent dogs you had. They to needed love and instead were tortured and killed and for what... for the fun and sport of it all. I say No Way... Shame Shame and more Shame on YOU.

C.A.

Yes they have the right to have a dog as THEY were not the ones convicted of abuse, but life is not always fair, because of your behavior HELL NO DOG OR ANY dependent creature that can not as for help should ever be in your immediate space. If you are barred from being within 5 miles of the household that the dog will be then maybe. Sadly your children are affected by your calloused behavior to life. The only regret you truly have is you got caught.

Kamali

It was all I could do to watch a few minutes of this MAGGOT'S promoting his book on some obscure TV station I happened across earlier today. Then another post was mentioned and provided the link to his nauseating interview with Matt Laurer, whom I have now lost ALL respect for, due to his groveling at this monster's presence! Not only does he continue to tell those lies that he needs such a good memory for, in order to keep them straight, he is now claiming since he was exposed to dog fighting at the tender age of 8 and found it fascinating, it apparently deprived him of not only COMMON SENSE, but INTELLIGENCE as well! He can't understand " why people treated me the way they did in jail,". Gee Michael you can't? I have never been to prison, as I stated in my private message to you on FB, and I can tell you why! It's because animal abusers, pedophiles and rapists ae considered to be bottom feeders and YOU, Michael Vick,are a bottom feeder and always will be! You learned NOTHING, you have DONE NOTHING to SINCERELY apologize to not just the animal community, which in your either drug induced state of mind or your delusions think have forgiven you, but TRUST ME, they haven't and they never will until you exhibit remorse and that doesn't mean just by being in the pocket of the HSUS, which is about as useful to pets and shelters as ice is to the Eskimos! You want people to forgive you, here are a coup,e of suggestions, tke a MINIMUM of 25% of the profits from you whining book and a MINIMUM of 25% of the profits from your clothing line, combine that with 15% of EACH and EVERY ENDORSEMENT DEAL you have made Nd will continue to make and DONATE it to PIT BULL RESCUE GROUPS and especially to BEST FRIENDS SOCIETY. OWN up to what YOU did for the first timr in your life, be a MAN for once in your life and stop s******ing like a little boy in the playground. Those howls of excruciating pain you listened to from INNOCENT DOGS didn't affect you, why should your sniveling and pity party wallowing have any effect on people who are now fighting for PIT BULLS, every day of their life because of people like you! When you adopt a Pit Bull, you don't just rescue a dog, you adapt to a new lifestyle. A lifestyle where you are constantly defending the breed, attempting to educate the public, going the extra mile by having your dog become a therapy dog, a dog who shows their natural, loving, loyal, silly and affectionate side. My dog was rescued at 9 months old thru a rescue group Puppy Pleasers Rescue, in Orlando, FL, who saw something in him and saved him from a high kill shelter. It has taken me, a disabled woman, TWO YEARS, to find a facility that is willing to train us because I have to use an electric scooter to train. I had facilities say they would, took my money, didn't allow me to use my scooter and also didn't refund my money, but I was determined at some point someone would and I want to THANK K9 KAMPUS in Melbourne, Fl for being that facility. You know how else you can help Michael Vick...there is a new sanctuary trying to get off the ground in Melbourne, Fl. They have the land picked out, but they haven't been able to secure all the monies needed, how about DONATING the money they need to build this NO KILL SANCTUARy Michael? That would sure show some sincerity on your part, the name of the sanctuary is FRIENDS FOR ANIMALS SANCTUARY, you can find the on FB and on the web Michael. And as I said in my private message to you on FB, there is a saying, "Money talks and BS walks.". Michael you been walking the walk brother, but the talking has been BS and you know it. So let's see you REALLY step up on the field and prove to people that it isn't just "oh poor me, everybody picking on me, my childhood was difficult, my kids are hurt by not having a dog and so on and so forth .". Cme on down to Melborme, Fl, hook up with Gregg and build this NO KILL SHELTER Michael, start to have aREAL IMPACT on rebuilding your image and becoming a father your kids can really be proud of, become known as the man who turned around for fighting dogs savagely and barbarically to the man who has built and continues to build NO KILL SHELTErS! There's a challenge to you Michael Vick, are you or aren't you man enough to really help? Shawn Goodwin Proud FurMom to TEN RESCUES and yes one of them is a PIt Bull, who literally spoons with me every night & is working towards his TDI