Christopher Nolan

James Holmes is a Savage

7/20/2012 3:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0723_christopher_nolan_getty
"Dark Knight Rises" director Christopher Nolan just released the following statement regarding the massacre in Colorado:

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of 'The Dark Knight Rises', I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community.

I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime.

The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me.

Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."

oink

well the joker made his attack, who is next the penguin, catwoman, , Batman better get his ass out of hideing and protect us.

Senseaholic

I blame it on the games that are played day in and day out they are killing left and right and kids get the satisfaction and pleasure from it. This develops into a mentality where a slight grudge vents these actions. We should rethink what our children are being fed.

Harry Kuheim

These guys are sweating bullets that this will affect their bottom line.

really?

Lets not forget, Nolan is financially motivated to be "sorry" about this. Darn that bottom line stuff

Kevin Stowell

This guy's opinion is important because...?

Julai

So terrible and tragically sad what has happened in Colorado. I feel terribly for the families and victims. I'd like to add that I feel badly for Chris Nolan. Although surely it doesn't compare to the tragedy (and don't take it to be a comparison) Chris Nolan worked hard for this weekend's premiere - one that was eagerly awaited for many months. I sweated my behind off in a winter coat as an extra in that Heinz field scene. I'm not letting this sick individual, James Holmes, keep me from seeing this movie on the big screen and I certainly won't let him victimize me along with the others who will forever be haunted by this horrible act. I for one will not let this evil creature take anything away from anyone else! So... I am making sure that I go to the movies this weekend to show that he's not making ME a victim of his violence too. I love going to the movies!! He's not going to scare me away!! I don't care if I go see Batman on IMAX or Moonrise Kingdom or whatever but I am making sure my behind is seated in a broken-ass, worn-out, red chair with gum stuck underneath for SURE this weekend and I'm gonna have TWO HOT DOGS, nachos, and a BIG ASS COKE!! And I'm going to LOVE every second of it!! And even though the phrase is over-used in these situations - I am going to see that movie in the name of those people who didn't get to - whether it was because of this sick individual or because of the fear he's unleashed across our nation.

LADoc

Says, the Hollywood limosine liberal who's movies and who's industry glorifies, desensitizes, and makes money off of violence. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for personal responsiblility and don't believe in any way artistic expression (or guns for that matter) should be restricted. However, I find it hypocritical and ironic that leftists like these useless Hollywood types will call for gun control when they absolve themselves of any responsibility for our current cultural attitudes towards violence.

WetWillie

That's class.

al

whether you like it or not this movie is the kind of trash that does have a negative impact on people.
this movie has no redeeming value what-so-ever.
the director and crew share the blame for this tragedy.

LADoc

CYA eh James? And I recall you attacking Romney for making millions. At least HIS millions came from producing successful companies that provide useful products and jobs. YOUR millions come from glorifying violence. Hypocrite hack.

Torx

This from a man who is directly responsible for "unbearably savage" and "appalling" violent entertainment. Don't think he's not a big contributor, along with all of Hollywood for the degeneration of our culture. But that's what super wealthy liberal celebrities do....poison the atmosphere, then walk away with their pockets full of cash - while convincing everyone that they "care" - mostly about about animals and the environment. Hypocrites.

Torx

An entire site devoted to swooning over celebrities...sheesh

indigoblue

Very well said.. and amen.

tripod

" movies are one of the great American art forms".... Maybe at one time. Aside from today's tragedy, Hollywood sucks. This doosh bag is part of that institution puts out garbage. Seriously, how many times have you walked out of a flik thinking - that was a waste of two hours of living.

HA-HA-HA LOOK AT THAT

Some moronic directors [Nolan comes to mind] can't control their impulse to go Dumpster Diving for a "public moment" in the height of a tragic moment. You Idiot Nolan are a crass opportunist, willing to fire up another Crazy for your 3 seconds - i dont think my family needs to see your eFing movie, after all.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments