Comedian DeRay Davis

I'll See 'Dark Knight' ...

But Only During the Day

7/21/2012 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072112_davis_launchFunny man DeRay Davis is dead serious about not taking any chances when it comes to seeing "The Dark Knight Rises" after yesterday's tragic incident ... telling TMZ he's only buying his tickets for daytime showings.

TMZ spoke to Davis outside the movie theater at The Grove in L.A. Friday ... we asked him if the Colorado shooting would affect his decision to see Chris Nolan's hotly anticipated new flick.

Davis gave us some words of wisdom about it ... saying that "fools" don't come out until after 9:00 PM so we're safer in the daylight. He also said he'll let his kids watch it -- but only from home.

He added, "It's real sad what happened. I feel sorry for those families out there ... especially the kids."

Truth

Who? And why are we supposed to care what he says?

MrHarrybawls2010

Who is this person? At any rate its nice he's used this tragedy to get some camera time. Reminds me of people who go on camera after some disaster and say "OMG!! THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ME!!!"

JUST SHUT UP.

Sin D

So it is light in the theater? Huh?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

There's something wrong with this country. One whiteboy goes on a rampage everyone gets scared to go out. Meanwhile, in other countries it's business as usual.

IceGypsy

A little caution during a time like this is understandable. I personally have no intention of putting my life on hold because of an act of madness. Life goes on, and I refuse to allow that madman to control what I do or not do. He's nothing to me.

J

Who?

J

"funny man" is a bit of a stretch...

Lola

Wait til it comes out on DVD.

R

that's just dumb on so many levels

but even more scary is that hero guy like Zimerman will start carrying gun to see the movies

and then someone else will carry a gun for safety

If they see each over guns it will happen again

Incredulous

Come on, Sept. 11 happened during the morning business hours. Time of day or night does not dictate crazy. The Oklahoma Federal building attack - also during the day. Ft. Hood shooting - day time, Denny's massacre - day time, etc. I don't know who this guy is, but it doesn't matter the time, if some sick bastard has something planned, we won't know about it until he decides to act.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Who cares when this nobody sees the movie or if he sees it.

Me

Right. Because Columbine--13 miles away from this--happened at night.

Idjit.

khoran

whatever is meant for any of us won't pass us by. I'm gonna live my life .

brown dynamite

haha yeah words of wisdom alright TMZ. Way to play right into the hands of people who want to instill fear to the masses by only going out during the day because of an isolated incident. Osama Bin Laden would have been proud.

Sand

Generally the case, but a lot of people get hit by stray bullets in daytime hours. Take Toronto - both the Eaton's Centre Mall Shooting and the DanzigBBQ shooting were in broad daylight.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments