James Holmes

Summer Camp Photos

7/22/2012 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

James Holmes -- Summer Camp PhotosTMZ has obtained two photos of James Holmes from his time as a camp counselor at Camp Max Straus, which is run by Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles.

A counselor who worked with James the summer of 2008 tells TMZ ... he seemed like everyone else and hung out with the other counselors. He described James by saying you "wouldn't be able to tell he was a killer," adding, "He was cool. I never would have thought he could kill anybody. He never was anything but nice."

0722_james_holmes_wm__arrow_subRandy Schwab, chief executive of Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles and director of Camp Max Straus, told the LA Times that James was responsible for “the care and guidance of a group of approximately 10 children" and added, "He was a counselor that had no incidents or disciplinary concerns. That summer provided the kids a wonderful camp experience without incident."

Shawn Schons

LEAVE ANNA NICOLES DAUGHTER ALONE, I BET THERE'S 1000 666ISH AGENTS FOLLOWING HER WITH CRACK AND ALL THE EVIL HIE COULD POSSIBLY HOOK HER WITH.

Nancy

Who cares about this evil mans past! What about the beautiful lives of the precious victims! Let's hear about the heroes! Come on TMZ - show some class!

Rusty Shackleford

why do you keep posting about this ******* and making him famous, nobody cares about him, his life, where he came from. the only thing anyone cares about him is how long untill he dies?

Nyla

Enough already. He doesn't deserve the publicity that everyone, including TMZ is giving him. I just scroll thru it all. He's not worth the dirt on the bottom of my shoe let alone my time in front of the computer reading the days news and gossip. He gets notoriety but the victims families get nothing.

Stop the insanity, Harvey!

Harvey,
Please stop giving this ******* what he wants: His face everywhere!

As long as you keep posting this ****, you are playing right into his hand, and increasing the chance that some other celebrity seeking monster will do the same thing.

Gabrielle

How do I put this? People don't just snap like that. Criminologist says he was too deliberate to be criminally insane, friends say he was nice. He had a federal grant to work on neuroscience and something about temporal illusions to me it seems like someone wanted him out of the picture. Word on the street is he was brainwashed like the Manchurian Candidate. Ironic is the UN gun control law coincides with this, I'm just repeating information so dont blame me for what folks are sayng. I think that although there is a trial it wont do anygood because the true criminal is hiding, maybe he's in Korea or maybe he's in the united states, who knows? I don't want to jump to any nutsy conspiracy claims it just doesn't seem to add up does it? hmmm.....crazy. Anyways, I'm not watching Batman the whole thing made me feel sick to my stomach. He coulda just randomly went wacko but that doesn't normally happen, esp if he had no history of mental illness. This should never happen again.

bearforce1

I have to say tha I find it interesting that TMZ didn't mention this guy is Jewish. I say this because TMZ have published just about everything about the guy but didn't mention this.

Also it is fairly normal for TMZ to mention when someone is Jewish on the show and the website.

Just saying that it appears TMZ was keeping the Jewish bit quiet when it doesn't look good.

Gabrielle

**** TMZ.

Waleed

I really doubt he wanted anything. This looks like a psychotic break which happens at this age. What we're seeing here is that this guy was not the same guy that shot 50 people. Something very serious happened to him. Learning what - especially since for once we have the guy in custody - is going to help stem this in the future.
James

Jannie

Dear TMZ: I'd rather learn more about the victims and not be bombarded by every single little detail of this deranged man's useless life.

Ms. Underestimate

Obvious CIA snuffing of military intelligence workers. Innocents were the 'necessary' cost of making it look random.

oink

I'm for Gun Control if it will take the guns away from Sarah Palin too.

Fortune Cookie

Stop glorifying him. Just STOP posting articles of him. ENOUGH!

jellaybaby09

I really can't believe tmz and all their reports on this guy. he just wants attention and you guys are giving him that. who cares about him and I don't understand why you guys are researching on him. Just a big waste of time to me. I'm very unsatisfied with you app right now.

Miqy

The worldwide media is being played by this coward and your endorsing this kinda of behavior every time you mention this a**holes name. Just call him coward.