Sharon Osbourne

I'm Quitting

'America's Got Talent'

7/24/2012 1:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0724_osbourne_amercas_got_talent-tmz
America's got talent, but it no longer has Sharon Osbourne ... 'cause the AGT judge says she's QUITTING the TV show for good.

Osbourne -- who has been with "America's Got Talent" since Season 2 -- cryptically announced her exit from the show via Twitter on Tuesday, saying "My darling @howardstern, money is not the reason I'm not returning to @nbcagt, it's because ..."

It's unclear if she was informing Howard about her departure ... or blaming him.

Sources from NBC say Sharon's exit is a surprise to them as well ... claiming they have not been personally informed of her departure yet.

You'll recall ... the series shook things up this season when it added Howard Stern to its judges table -- they even moved the show from L.A. to NYC to accommodate him.

Toilethead

Who gives a flying bleep?

OBAMA CLAUS

uh, who cares ? another dumb 'talent show' can't these producers come up with something new? these shows are one part talent / nine parts poor delusional nutjobs that we laugh at and are entertained when they bomb._kinda sick thinking from the herd_

Seriously wtf

AGT without Sharon will suck. I can't stand Howard Stern's show but I thought he did a good job on AGT - much to my surprise. However, he kept referring to himself as if he were the main player on the show and I am sure that annoyed Sharon and Howie. I remember him turning to the audience during auditions and saying how HE has to eliminate (x) number more contestants. He didn't include Sharon and Howie at all and he made these kinds of statements throughout the season.

Marissa

Sharon knew her days were numbered last April when she said Simon Cowell suffered from "small penis syndrome."

craig

2 things..#1 Sharon is not a star but a wife of a star so don't complain when they make moves for howard,a real star,#2 she already said she will leave the show because of her son's illness,respect that

South Beach

I'd imagine between the relocating to NYC and her son's illness, that did it. She had a good run, that's ok. Best to her.

IceGypsy

Eh whatever makes her happy. As long as they don't bring back David hasseldork

JulieB

She really doesn't add anything to the show now that Stern is there. Say how much you hate Stern, but I never realized how popular he was outside of the NY area. I'm sure she's jealous that he is more famous than she is. She reminds me so much of Kris Jenner, grabbing every money-making opportunity she possibly can while possessing no talent.

PG

Quitting or got fired? No one really cares about this vulgar woman and her grotesque daughter.

Abe

I stopped watching AGT this season because I can't stand Howard Stern.

happypat35

Man, I thought she was quitting the daytime show....I don't watch America's Got Talent or anything like that.

Madame Tussaud

We all know who the real star of AGT is...the animatronic wax figure of Howard Stern. We at Madame Tussaud's take pride in our work in capturing the features of an aging queen. Just look at the craftsmanship in the turkey neck, the giant choppers, and the bulbous chin. So life-like and true to how the average male ages, and topped off with a jet black Jewish afro wig.

Taxman

No great loss, she was the worst judge on the panel. She was insanely irritating and had no valuable insight.

Mayu

I love Sharon Osburne, but I'm sure there are other reason other than Stern for her leaving. She has "the Talk", her son was recently diagnosed with MS, I'm sure it isn't money or co-workers.

DizzKid

I'm pretty sure Howie next. Right from the start, I could tell that they didn't like him, and now that he actually doing a really good job with the show and most likely will return, they now are having second thoughts. Aw well!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments