Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Marlena

So why would the grandma do this - what is purpose of all this drama????

Sure hope the Jackson losers do not blow all of Michael's forutne before his kids are grown up and take control of it themselves.

John

Paris Jackson is girl power. Janet can never redeem herself. Wonder what they used to threaten Mom into silence?

amyb

I am really concerned about those kids and having to deal with this crap, especially if Katherine is siding with Jermaine, Randy and Janet.

Those kids need to get away from this insanity. They need an independent guardian, whether that's TJ or Debbie Rowe or someone appointed by their father's trust. They need to get away from any Jackson family home.

Minors can petition the court to be emancipated age 14 in California. If Katherine gets custody back, the older two need try to be emancipated. It's difficult to do if the legal guardian doesn't support it, but with this circus and their high powered lawyers, they might be able to get it done.

Raejean

Your grandchildren have been taken away because you basically abandoned them, left them without any notice or warning as far as they were concerned.

Whether you did this deliberately or were manipulated into it, you probably should NOT get them back!

And any authority you have in control of the premises (or security) should be nullified.

HumanNature

Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

I KNOW THE JUDGE IS JUST "SHAKING HIS HEAD" AT THIS ELDERLY WOMAN!!!!

REMEMBER EVERYONE

HER CHILDREN GOT THEIR DUMBNESS FROM THEIR PARENTS

barcham

I just noticed all the HATE points being given to posts that go against the Jackson CRIMINALS, because that's what they are. I guess one of them is reading the comments and has a problem accepting the truth.

Jody

She's in on it. There is no good reason at all for her not to call Paris and tell the kids that she is going to go away for awhile.

She is as greedy as the rest of them, or she is too whipped by her kids to tell the truth.

BTW, does TJ and his family live in the same house as Katherine and the kids? I have a feeling I already know the answer to that, since there is never a time when a lot of Jackson kids or grandkids don't live with her.

Jules

I know that these children are legally MJ's but I don't believe for one minute that Katherine or any of the other Jackson's have an ounce of love for them. I think that they look at them as not true family and as such do not deserve the money like the siblings and parents do. I also believe that if it wasn't for the money, they would have had no problem sending those kids packing after their dad died. Back to Debbie or anyone else who would take them. It's a shame.

get a life ho

Gone for 10 days and doesn't tell MJ's kid & has no phone ??? WTF ,..,.

Time for a new guardian
Judge made the right call this morning .,

tgrfan42069

more reason to strip and give full guardianship to someone else..one when a guardian cant simply just take a break with out letting anyone know they are doing so.katherine you failed.by sayiing she wasnt kidnapped she is only making her self look worse.no judge in his right mind will let her stay on as the guardian

Muppet

If it was really Katherine that called in and used that as an explanation then she's a p*ss poor sorry excuse of a grandmother! I hope she never gets those children back if she abandoned them for her own selfish reasons!
I'm inclined to think her children have more to do with this than she's saying but she doesn't want to land all their sorry arses in jail! Where they should be!

HumanNature

THAT IS THE "DUMBEST" EXCUSE!!!!

mj fan forever

Greedy unnatural mother Katherine ABANDONED Michael's children for 10 days without not even telling them anything and she is "devastated"????!!! She should have been removed LONG TIME before as their guardian!!! Only that unfortunately Michael's children are anyway in the hands of the Jacksons bunch of leeches parasites delinquents!!! Michael did no twant this for his children he wanted them safe, couldn't know his disgraceful mother is so easly manipulable in ALL cases for the love for money!!!!!

Michaela

With Katherine having lost her guardianship, that means that she also lost the house and the 70K per month.

So, not did they not get more money, they lost whatever they had. I wonder if they come up with even more desperate moves

HumanNature

DON'T WORRY!!!!

MRS. JACKSON WILL NOT "EVER" GET CUSTODY OF MJ3!!!!!

EVER AGAIN!!!!