Katherine Jackson

Had FULL Phone Access

at Arizona Resort

7/26/2012 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0726_the_villa_tmz
Katherine Jackson
had FULL ACCESS to a working phone during her stay in Arizona and could easily have called her grandkids whenever she wanted ... so says a rep for the resort.

A spokesperson for the Miraval Resort -- where Katherine stayed for nine days, beginning last week -- tells TMZ, Katherine stayed in a luxury villa that DEFINITELY contained a working phone.

For the record ... the villa also came with a full kitchen, a private patio, its own pool ... and its own butler.

And if full phone access wasn't enough -- Katherine also had FREE WI-FI.

Bottom line ... the Miraval Resort is adamant ... Katherine wasn't as cut off from the outside world as she previously claimed.

After yesterday's court hearing, Katherine's lawyer was asked why she wasn't allowed to use a phone to call her grandkids -- and her lawyer said he was told "the section of the facility she stayed at didn't allow phones of any kind. Or computers."

The Miraval rep insists ... that's just not true.

Maggi

If she isn’t strong enough to fight off the bad influence and put those children first, then she is not strong enough to be a parent. If what MJ said about what his father did to him as a child is true, she wasn’t strong enough to fight for her own son either. What makes anyone think she was strong enough to take this role in the first place?

Shar J

Something is fishy here. The Estate Executors have whittled away at the massive debt left when Michael died and seem to have the best interests of the children at heart. At 82 Katherine won't be around forever so perhaps it is time the court steps in and listen to Prince and Paris who at 16 and 14 seem to be very intelligent. Michael must be turning in his tomb - no wonder he did not specify a Jackson family member as guardian in his will. God forbid Joe or one of Michael's siblings be appointed a permanent guardian. Wonder if either Prince or Paris has been advised to seek emancipation?

melody

It would be nice if TMZ gave us more details......

Prince Jackson, Michael’s oldest son, has broken his silence on the bizarre family drama unfolding around the late King of Pop’s children and estate, blasting his relatives’ “lies” and saying he’s “angry and hurt.”

As Gossip Cop has reported, Prince and his siblings Paris and Blanket are now under the guardianship of their cousin, T.J. Jackson, after their grandmother and guardian Katherine Jackson disappeared for more than a week amid rumors she’d been effectively kidnapped by other family members.

Katherine has now returned following several days of family infighting that occasionally turned violent, saying her loss of custody is “based on a bunch of lies.”

Early Thursday, Prince Jackson took to Twitter to blast his family.

Here’s his statement in full:

I would first like to start off this tweet by thanking the fans that have always stood by me and my family, my dad really appreciated your support and I still treasure it to this day. As I am sure everyone is well aware of the events that have been going on. I have been holding off on backing up my sister and her tweets avidly because I was waiting for the time to reveal my side.

As long as I can remember my dad had repeatedly warned me of certain people and their ways. Although I am happy my grandma was returned, after speaking with her I realized how misguided and how badly she was lied to. I’m really angry and hurt.

The following image is of a group chat I had started to several family members. This group text message I had started was replied to but they didn’t know that I could see the responses. For this whole time, they denied us contact to our grandmother. “If you continue with your lies I will continue with the truth.”

The 15-year-old then posted a screenshot of his group chat from Monday (SEE BELOW), in which he wrote, “This is enough so I am texting you for the simple fact that WE DEMAND TO SPEAK TO MY GRANDMA NOW!!!”

Janet Jackson’s reply, apparently written without realizing Prince could see it: “Don’t let them pls.”

Erica

I stayed there last month and used my phone daily. that is BS.

Pimpcessa

Her lawyer only repeated what he was told by his clients children. Do any of you expect he would have a press conference and call his client a liar?

mj fan forever

But her delinquents children also impeded her to RECEIVE phone calls and even her lawyers was denied to see and speak with her!!!! When Paris called her that old bitch of Janet and also bitch Rebbie simply told her she was "unavailable"!!! Those bunch of leeches money grubbing need to pay and being arrested!!!

Areader

It's quite obvious that Katherine was being held against her will and for that Janet, Jermaine, Randy and Rebbe and all the others involved should be brought in and questioned by the police department and child services!

I'm not a lawyer, however, from what I've read there seems to be enough to bring charges against all of them or some of them!

mary

they all want the mj money, just not the kids.

Saffron

Of course she is going to lie and protect her children. She never turned in or divorced joe so we can't trust what she says. The picture of her playing uno looked photoshopped. She is probably a nice woman but not strong at all. Your life is what you make it and this is a mess that they all created with living a life of lies and secrects...but now it is one lie too many.

FLO

I think Jermain & Randy's gravy train is over because as the lies are exposed I dont see Granny getting the Ca$h for custody deal back any time soon.

lisa2

Katherine's a lying greedy fool and I am glad this back fired.

Marie

Katherine could not protect Michael, from the horrors of this family so how can anyone expect that she can or will protect Michael's three angels.

She needs to enjoy her golden years and someone else should be the guardian.

If we do not learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.

Get those kids away from her and the evil that manifests itself in Janet & Co.

I personally will boycott any event, project or event that involves Janet, Jermaine or Randy.

Say It Isn't So

This shyte, uh, I mean story isn't going away anytime soon. I'm happy to see those kids took every word their father told them about the "phukers in the family" to heart and did something about it.

I also find it extremely amusing the plan to take their grandma from them (in an attempt to jack with the kids and their money, that their father left THEM, not his lazy grubbing siblings) DID NOT WORK!!!

Randy/Jermaine/Janet/Rebbie are SO ig'nant.....they royal phuked up their chances of EVER having respect from the very people they needed, the ones with the money. Those kids will not be kids forever. Once they are old enough, they will control their own money, and those kids will not forget this. They are too smart, Michael did raise them right!

FLO

I know it is very sad but I hope the kids get the lesson here.
You create your family, the rest are just relatives.

Wellington

If she sticks to her story that she wanted to give up her phone and not have any phone calls, she's in trouble because it shows she had little concern for her grandchildren. To save herself at all she's going to have to admit that her children and her assistant were lying to her.