Katherine Jackson

I'll SHARE Guardianship with TJ

7/27/2012 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0727_katherine_jackson_tj_jackson_article
Katherine Jackson says she's had a change of heart ... and is now ready to SPLIT guardianship of MJ's 3 children with her grandson TJ.

Katherine's attorney, Perry Sanders, tells TMZ ... TJ and Katherine  will file a request for JOINT GUARDIANSHIP with the court early next week ... and they expect it will be approved.

Perry tells us, "That pleading will essentially now legally reflect how Mrs. Jackson and TJ have often shared  responsibilities of raising the children since Michael Jackson's tragic passing."

Katherine's lawyer says the new arrangement "reflected the wishes of [Michael Jackson's] children" ... Paris, Prince and Blanket.

If the court grants the joint request, Katherine's lawyer says TJ will be able to assume a lot of the day-to-day responsibilities that have been stressing Katherine out ... including management of household personnel and security.

"It will also make clear for school personnel and anyone else coming into contact with the children that TJ is authorized to act on their behalf," Perry tells TMZ.

"Mrs. Jackson will then be freed up to focus on the more personal everyday decision making related to the lives and activities of the children."

Katherine's lawyer says the agreement would still empower Katherine to CONTROL THE FAMILY'S ALLOWANCE ... which is $70k per month.

The arrangement also seems to make TJ a shoo-in to become the SOLE guardian of the children if Katherine dies while they are still minors.

Katherine's lawyer concludes, "Mrs. Jackson is extremely pleased with the prospect of enjoying the pleasure of raising Michael's children without the day-to-day tedium of items such as managing the large staff that goes with such a high profile family and focus her attention on being a grandmother and raising Michael's children."

Perry tells us ... TJ will file a petition to become the sole permanent guardian later today ... but that's just a formality because of a court imposed deadline. The joint petition will TRUMP that filing.

update_bar
10:50AM PT  TJ just filed his petition for permanent guardianship ... and TMZ obtained a copy.

0727_petition_subasset

Frankie

That's mean, but I'd be lying if I said I disagreed.

r2d2

I think TJ will be doing the majority of the parenting. She just want the perks that comes with being a guardian.

Jen

Will someone in the courthouse please do the right thing and appoint an independent guardian for these poor kids?

Wow ...

WIth all due respect, KJ has shown she is incapable of being a guardian. Whatever caused her to be gone, third party interference or not, she can not do it. Let her be G-ma. Heck, I'm certain the kids would even love to have her live with them still. But, she should not have the monetary benefit, when she really is not caring for them. TJ would be the one doing it, along with the cooks, drivers, security....so on and so forth. The execs require receipts for all money spent. How in the world does 3 children require 70,000 a month to live off from, when all of the major bills are being paid???

Lynn317

Yeah ... She had a "change of heart" the minute her lawyer told her she would lose $70,000 a month.
Hope the courts think twice about her motives after the stunt she just pulled by feeling she was "entitled" to a 10 day expensive spa vacation and the choosing not to have any contact with MJ's kids until a media fire storm humiliated her into returning home ... all while she was willingly being drugged and manipulated my her own kids.

Seymour Bluffs

Katherine should have custody, after all look at the great job she did raising her own kids,,,,

MsSuburbia

What--Social Security isn't good enough for a Jackson?

kerrplunk

Let's make this real easy, I'll take the kids, put them on the road and make millions!

JC

Katherine seems to be in cahoots with her children, sad to say. She's laughed off and dismissed the charge she was taken away against her will from MJ's kids. Okay, fine. Why then didn't she call them? She HAD to have known they would be frantic not hearing from her. No guardianship privileges, shared or otherwise, should be awarded Katherine because it's yet to be determined if she had a hand in any of this folly.
Looks to me like she's as greedy as her bully children.

AlwaysOnTimeB

By joint guardianship, I sure hope they mean MJ's kids can go visit her when they want, instead of living with her. She is REALLY not up to that kind of responsiblity.

Kelly

I find it ironic that the moment the guardianship and $$$ was compromised Momma Jackson suddenly starts to feel better and heads home. I guess a phone call can reach you when it concerns your losing 70K a month. I also find it funny that in one breath she says that her children would never lie, deceive and kidnap her but when faced with the letter they wrote saying she had a mini-stroke – she says this is a lie. So which is it Katherine? Are your kids untrustworthy liars or aren’t they? Oh and finally the crème de la crème – the guardianship split – TJ can do the job but I will still control the money so that I can funnel it to my other children.

Prince will be 18 in 3 short years and Paris is right behind him. The money train is slowing down and this has them running scared. Better look out money grubbers, you free ride will not last forever and you actions NOW will leave a lasting impression. Those kids just got a very valuable life lesson that they will NOT forive or foreget about. I feel badly for these kids. I really do.

MJLover624

Katherine does not need to share guarsianship with ANYONE; she can barely care and defend herself from these monsters of children she has. TJ needs to be careful, he has greedy aunts and uncles right under his nose as well as a slick Tito by his side for guess what???? SOME SERIOUD DOUGH!!!

Wow ...

ROL reports the KJ would remain in control of the 'family allowance', while TJ would do the overseeing of personal, security, school etc. SO he does the footwork, while G-ma passes money to the adult children....

oink

Seems "The fox is in the hen house"

BW

I get it! So, TJ will do ALL the work, while Granny holds the purse strings. What an obvious concept! So she can continue to funnel money under the table to her greedy kids, and make it look like "household expenses". I think MJ's kids are actually in danger of harm by their "family". My only consolation is that I have faith that the judge on this case is much smarter than me, and he will do what is right and necessary to protect these kids and their inheritance.