Shooting Victim's Brother

James Holmes Deserves

DEATH PENALTY

7/31/2012 3:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_rebecca-wingo_james_holmes_2
James Holmes should be sentenced to death ... after suffering in prison for many, many years ... so says the brother of one of the victims in the Colorado massacre.

TMZ spoke with Steven Hernandez ... whose sister Rebecca Wingo was shot and killed, along with 11 other people, during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" earlier this month.

32-year-old Wingo leaves behind two young daughters.

Prosecutors say they will consider pursuing the death penalty for Holmes -- but will not make a decision until they speak with the families of the victims.

Hernandez has already made up his mind -- explaining, "My sister Rebecca was killed in the theater. My mother is bereft, my wife is distraught and I am heartsick and angry."

"Allow the justice system to punish this murderer. I want to see him sentenced to death and I hope he sits in jail many years waiting to die."

Holmes has been charged with 142 counts for the shooting -- including 24 counts of 1st degree murder.

0731_steven_sub_asset

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Champ McDougle

Lets just kill all the mentally ill so that this doesn't happen again. WTF, moron.

willie

My sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss, Mr. Hernandez. I agree with you wholeheartedly that James Holmes should be prosecuted for the death penalty. He does not deserve to live.

bring back recent posts

..I think this animal needs a bullet fired in his body for everyone that hit one of his targets..and not in a lethal spot...let him linger for as long as possible with pain...he will eventually bleed out..and get some transfusion ready..and keep him alive..for as long as possible..hell..hook him up too ventilator...and don't stop until he has been riddled the exact amount...

stephanie

We don't have a right to say how he feels we didn't have this happen to us.

Penny

Death penalty is the absolute most appropriate ending to this pathetic, disgusting excuse for a man.

s_megma

Nice Xtreme Couture T-shirt.

Woot

Life in prison w/o possibility of parole would be a far worse sentence than death. Just thinking about sitting in prison for the rest of my days makes me squirm something fierce. I can imagine ~wishing~ I could die after a mere 6 months.

Artist

Whoever sold you that shirt deserves the same

Lifekix

Burn him. Video tape it. Never happen again.

People Annoy Me

We need to use our brains first, not our emotions. Personally, keep holding him until you find out motive, reasoning, any mental disabilities or something along the lines of that. People need to stop screaming "DEATH PENALTY NOAW! NOAW I SAY!"

s_megma

Nice Extreme Couture T

Bob

Stop reading worthless material like tmz that gets you no where in life.

Rose

Death penalty is the best for this Piece of ****

Walter WalkerIII

why would you put the victims photo along side of that monster/ TMZ have you lost your ****ING mind?

Angie

I really wish you guys would STOP posting that monsters picture with every freakin story! We know what a hideous demon he is...stop glorifying it and giving him fame...honor and publish the victims not the piece of **** that did it

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments