John Travolta

DENIES Sexually Assaulting

Cruise Ship Worker

8/4/2012 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0804_john_travolta_tmzJohn Travolta has fired back at the cruise ship worker who claims Travolta sexually assaulted him in 2009 ... filing docs yesterday claiming the worker is LYING and made the whole sordid story up.

As TMZ first reported, Fabian Zanzi claims that Travolta exposed himself during a neck massage aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ... and offered to pay him $12,000 to keep the incident quiet. Zanzi detailed his allegations back on video in June (see below).

In court docs filed yesterday by legal pitbull Marty Singer ... Travolta admits to being on the cruise ... but denies all the allegations of misconduct against him.

Travolta also reiterates his point that Zanzi filed a report with Royal Caribbean over the alleged incident when it happened ... but failed to mention any of the sexual details.

Travolta wants the lawsuit dismissed and for Zanzi to pay his attorney's fees.

cherokeesky34

I honestly could care less if he's gay or not. So what? He's a talented actor whom I enjoy watching, whether its a comedy or suspense or drama. It's his life. It's his sexuality. Let's pretend for a moment he IS in fact gay. SO WHAT? Let's pretend he DID in fact make a pass at the other guy.. SO? Unless he got grossly out of line, he was just being human, hitting on someone he found attractive. God help us all if we all have start worrying about ever making a pass at ANYone for fear of being drawn into a legal battle over it. I didn't stop listening to Elton John songs when he finally "came out". I didn't stop watching Billy Jean King play tennis when she "came out" ... Honestly, whether I was male or female, if John Travolta made a pass at me?? I'd be flattered LOL

Cindy

It's not a question of gay or straight. It's a question of assault. If the therapist was a female, would people be looking at this differently? I think so. Not saying John is guilty, just think there's a double standard.

What I Think

I thought the church of Scientology was supposed to have cured you of your homosexuality, John. Can't they even get that right?

some guy

Meh... you'd think Travolta would harass someone that's good looking if he really was gay. Not sure if I'm buying it.

Smoothnate

Gay!

hepcat11

I think three years is a long time to file a lawsuit when there were never any charges filed in the police.

fizz

Ha! Suddenly-Wealthy Masseurs Drop Case Against Travolta

SteepSlider

Victim or part of the Gay Hollywood Mafia? Either way, sucks to be his wife (no pun intended).

Mee

It's just their WORD against Travolta, always, how about pictures, a video, voice recording or something more substantial, please enough of the "CREDIBLE COMPLAINTS" of SUFFERING VICTIMS

Ingy53

It is what it is , nobody's business , I love John grew up with him and bee gees. Andy was the best, was way to young , great man, Barry I'm sorry for your lose.love u Always and forever! To the Gibb Brothers!

Ingy53

Andy Gibb forever!

Arie

Duh...
It's not assault when it's consentual.

fstblk

What's the big deal people?

blessed

is John gay

seriously folks

Oh come on. Does it really matter if he is? Truth- guys like this zanzi character are just trying to get money. He is playing victim. If you cant see that you are feeding the bs. The minute Allred is involved it is circus and lose all credibility. Oh and saying you passed a tabloid lie detector test is hilarious. I agree with the comment below... travolta isnt that stupid