Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

nick

Oh ple3ase this is nothing new gifford has always been a heartless bitch her fame has gone to her heade sahes nothing but a POS

KAY ADAMS

NEVER LIKED KATHY LEE,,GET.........HER OFF THE AIR. THERE ARE OTHER GOOD PROGRAMS FOR US TO WATCH INSTEAD OF HER CONSTANT BLABBERING.

EJ

and they removed ann curey for her outfits!! WHAT A SELF CENTERED b****. HER FIFTEEN MINS WAS UP 30 * YRS AGO. HEY cATHY... WHAT HOTEL IS UR HUSBAND AT TONIGHT? PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW A STONE..

MITCH

I GUESS YOU'RE A TOTAL FAILIER AT BEING A WIFE THEN SINCE FRANK HAD TO GO GET IT SOME PLACE ELSE. AY?

JRH

Kathy had to think about that answer for a LOOOOOOG time. Because, science has do***ented that a thought, can not exist in a vac***.

shargett@aol.com

Better watch what you say - it may come home to you. I have an alcoholic son who has abused drugs and never point my finger at anyone - I have grands and great grands. It is better to pray than to point fingers!

redloh

What's going to happen when her children mess up??

Amber

Are you kidding me? Did I miss something? I have never been a fan of hers, but let's look at what she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

Get a clue people. She was NOT being insensitive at all. She was having a sense of humor about the fact that NONE of use are PERFECT MOMS.

Grow up America! Quit acting like a two year old that had his candy stolen away at the playground. SMH!!!

Mpaco3028

Some one wrote about the three C's.
I realize life is tough, but sometimes our surroundings are cause and effect. I have proof like those who posted same household different outcomes.
It's true each person is unique and how we are effected as well. The three C's I fear are a comfort for those who feel a horrible guilt that comes with the tragedy of abuse and addiction.
We must all be mindful of others and more importantly forgive those who have a slip of the tongue
We have become a Society of excuses.
A prayer for those who are suffering through addictions and abuse.

Laine Wood

I lost my 41 year old son, who was the facilitator over the teachers, at the school he worked. At the time of his death, he was carrying a 4.0 average obtaining his 2nd bachelors degree to become a principal. I lost him due to pancreatitis and alcoholism. (a drug is a drug) Poor parenting? You obviously know nothing about addiction.

Carmencita

Parenting children hum, what a broad subject, must of this so call childen pick up this habits after they are full grown adults where parents have very little to say or never find out unitl is too late . Parents some times are addited amnd raise their children in that inviroment and the grow to be college graduate or just simlpy be perfect human being . Parenting good or bad has nothing to do with choice pleople make. Think that in every family there at least one person infected with this disease we all should just face it each one of them have a parent hurting for it I personnaly very thankful for my till now cause I don't now about tomorrow but I do lots of praying and place them in God's hand . Refrase Kathy caus enon of us are do right they making their choice ???????

PEDRO

DUMB BITCH

jackie

once an ******* always an *******>>>>>>>>>>>COULD NEVER STAND HER!

thomas flick

her celebrity time is up. was a long time ago. she is a no talent who needs to retire with frank and move on from the spotlight. besides, what does her opinion mean anyway!?!?

For Kids

Oh my God! Lighten up people. No one has a sense of humor any more. I don't pay much attention to Kathi Lee. Not a huge fan. But, she did not say anything that most parents (those with a sense of humor) don't say all the time. It's an old time joke. "Please let me get my daughter out of highschool without getting pregnant or drug addicted," . Everyone is so sensitive. Pathetic.

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments