Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

Suzanne Lehman

Maybe she feels she aced the parenting BUT Never say never Kathy,,,geee what didnt hapen in the bedroom???OR DID....that you screwed up with Frank? You aint perfect...and your kids have a long way to go,,,you lost my admiration!!!! (and maybe just "maybe"your daughter has an eating disorder???no young girl should look like that !!!)

Clare

Kathy is like most christians, not very christian at all! They talk about it but don't live it.

ttulco

Please . . . we conservatives have been on the receiving end of her foul mouthed diatribes for years. You're just waking up to what she is ? Absolutely anything, true or false, just to get a headline. As long as s ites s like HP will print her vile comments, she'll keep mouthing off. Get used to it.

Ed

Always wonder how this air head even got on TV ?

Becky

You can do everything right and still have things go terribly wrong. Think before you speak.

Whatever you want it to be

Oh Kathie, hasn't anybody told you that you are beyond perfection? No? Gee I wonder why

rdgarzon

So 69% of you thinks parents of drug addicts are success. Ever heard of "product of their environment", no wonder.

Aira Humphrey

When has it become the norm to have a child on drugs? Addiction is not a disease, it is a behavior that the person chose. Helping your children to make the right decisions, no matter social pressure is a parents job. I understand that sometimes peer presure wins, but don't condem a women who has taught her children to be strong through a close and loving family unit. Too many children have been given "things" and not parenting time which leads to more peer infuence.

SAM HAIN

She has a point. Why all the press on parents who can't keep their kids under control and off drugs? Why can't they show parents who teach their kids values and to be respectful? I'm not a big fan of KLG, but she is telling the truth. Deal with it America. If you're one of those parents who can't control your kids then do something about it. Don't knock her because she tells the truth.

Broadbay

Obviously she IS doing something right!! And that was her point, pure and simple. So, everyone get over yourselves. It's not right to bash someone who is successful at something just to feel better about your particular situation. She should be applauded, not bashed!! Geesh!!

James

If Kathy lee is wrong we really need a jolt of education on drug use from the majority of the people that have no idea what drug use (prescription of illegal) can do to the human body.

justAgirl

Hate her on the show, hated her last show, she's loud and talks over hooda and everyone with her goofy comments, then laughs at herself like its the funniest thing ever, when its not.. She is obviously a very self-centered person. These comments by her don't surprise me.

Laura

Kathie Lee is a complete idiot...how dare you make such a thoughtless, heartless comment.

Betty

My husband and I have never done drugs or alcohol. We raised 3 daughters who were vertually never around anything stronger than coffee. And they have never been arrested,kicked out of school.or been in rehab. But we had our problems with them. I dont know a perfect family.And I have good friends who are great parents and have drug addict kids. You cannot make your children follow your path when they get older some even at a very young age chose the wrong path. We just do the best we can and pray they recieve the teachings and understand we just want to keep them safe. Good for you Kathy, I hope your good fortune with the children stay with you forever ,but face you never know. Will it make you a crappy mom if they dont follow your lead. Oh well you say it does. So there you go. .

justAgirl

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments