Joan Rivers To ADL

'SHUT THE F**K UP!'

8/10/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0810_joan_rivers_adlJoan Rivers is scoffing at the Anti-Defamation League for blasting her over a comment comparing Costco to Nazi Germany, telling ADL officials, "Shut the f**k up!"

The ADL is pissed that Joan made the comparison to protest the fact that Costco banned her book, "I Hate Everyone ... Starting With Me!" because of foul language.   ADL officials say, "Such comparisons only serve to trivialize the Holocaust and are deeply offensive to Jews and other survivors."

But Joan -- a Jew -- tells TMZ, "My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust," adding, "My comment reminds people of the Holocaust because half the people now don't even believe it ever happened."

Joan adds, "Germany is where banning books started, and it can start here just as quickly."

And Joan made this obtuse comment, "I'm educated.  I know how to spell Nazi."

080712_rivers_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

MISSA

I love Joan she is so funny and not afraid to say whatever is on her mind.

barnyardhumor

Don't get it with these grandmas using the "F" word - Kris Jenner does it to right in front of Mason. What a horrible example for grandchildren.

jjbythesea

Can't stand that "woman". She is one of the most disgusting females in the world. Her face looks like someones ass.

Brad

Joan is a filthy loud mouth with half a brain. Who would want to read her book in the first place! Thank you Costco for keeping her filth off the shelves and away from our kids.

craig

YEAAA>>>IN THE ASSSS

Vernon P. Alarcon

Joan is obviously Harvey (squinting gay dwarf) Levin's slightly older sister....both are soooo jewishly obnoxious

Hank

Joan Rivers will never have any class, if you had any the quotes in question wouldn't have been on the book jacket. Costco does have to think of their customers children picking it up and reading that crap. I wish they would have had you arrested.

SMASHED

This old bat sheet crazy biotch needs to STFU. Her vagina is as old as my Grandma's - every time I see her face I think of that. Plus she is so annoying. What a disgrace to the human race to be such an old bitty and in need of so much of attention constantly - I'd be ashamed to be Melissa.

But then there is Harvey. PUHLEEZE!!!

Hank

Right - her husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust. And then Joan drove him to suicide. He probably would have suffered less if he had died in a camp, too, instead of meing married to that harpy.

gbtw

i'm so sick of these whine-ass groups who purport to speak on behalf of everyone from a particular group. joan is spot on with her history re book banning, and the ADL really should STFU!!! it's people like them that make others hate jews- but it's people like joan who make us LOVE them. they'd be better off to quit their kavetching! christ! (pun intended)

LDB

She told them!!

anon

What a horrible disgusting old hag. She stopped being funny years ago. I wish SHE would "SHUT THE F*CK UP" forever.

Alberta Williams

Joan Rivers is a Stupid Woman...anybody can wear expensive jewelry & "Act stupid"...no I'm wrong nobody does it better than Joan.

5Louie

Who is she to break the law wow Hollywood stars are *******s

JDoors

Joan's almost crazy (Botox leaked into her brain, maybe?), but she's damned right about this issue. Yes, there are times when bringing up Nazis is irrelevant or inappropriate, but she's Jewish, she's talking about banning books, it's relevant and appropriate (though it's not the government banning books -- still, the principle's there). Also, it's a publicity stunt from a half-crazy woman. Let it go. Do something about REAL anti-Jewish sentiment, mostly coming from The-Religion-That-Must-Not-Be-Named. Those people want to KILL people.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments