« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

I Just Got FIRED Over

Kobe Rape Joke

8/10/2012 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0730-wrestler-kobe-bryant-wwe-article-1
WWE star Abraham Washington has just been FIRED after making a Kobe Bryant rape joke on live television last week -- and he's PISSED ... claiming the WWE has "turned its back" on him.

As we previously reported, the WWE issued an apology for its July 30 live broadcast of "Monday Night Raw" -- during which Washington took the mic and said a wrestler named Titus O'Neil was "like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado ... he's unstoppable."

Now, according to Washington, the WWE has taken further action after the joke, terminating his contract entirely.

Obviously, Washington is NOT happy -- taking to his Twitter moments ago with a barrage of angry messages ... like, "It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me."

"Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!"

"I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans"

"Thank you WWE for creating me and then killing me because I only portrayed what I grew up watching... The #WWE!!"

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ ... "Unfortunately, Brian Jossie, playing the character of A.W. was terminated because he continued to exhibit poor judgment by making offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tgrfan42069

wwe is a joke now.it should be on nick jr.

TheRawNerveShow

If it had been the WWE's meal tickets (The Rock or John Cena) making that statement, guaranteed they wouldn't have been fired.

SittingInJudgement

Actually, the joke was super funny.. Maybe Kobe shouldn't have ass-rammed a chick without her consent!

sidithers

Hey douchebag
You still don't get it do you dumba.ss
What if your daughter was raped
Would you still then make a rape joke?

SittingInJudgement

You know, if he didn't want to be "the butt' of jokes.. (See what I did there?)..

LDB

It was a joke, a funny joke at that. WWE needs to lighten up.

SittingInJudgement

Actually, it wasn't rape, it was nonconsensual sodomy.. He pulled the "Alabama Backdoor" --if he raped her he'd be in jail--bottom line.

Read the case file--oh that's right, it's SEALED! I wonder why..

LDB

I'm looking forward towards Blackprides next comment

JohnniePolo

Actually he made a Mother Teresa remark this past week. Something like "My guy is like Mother Teresa, nothing but good.." so he did try to tone his stuff down.

SittingInJudgement

Maybe he thought it wouldn't be cheating on his wife if it was not her va-jingle..

kerrplunk

Itsabrotherthang

Oh A 💛💋

Who cares

Steph

What a ridiculous loser!! Accept responsibility for the words that came out of your own mouth!!

Phishie from Philly

Who does Abraham think he is, Charles Barkley or something! Only CB can get away with saying something like that.
Phishie from Philly

Rogue

Ironic he got punished more for making the joke than the guy that actually did the raping.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments