Lady Gaga

Dead Animals Make

BEAUTIFUL Coats

8/15/2012 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0815_gaga_meat_dress_gettyLady Gaga is firing back at fur critics ... claiming militant animal rights activists are "childish" and "abusive" ... and need to respect her right to wear whatever the hell she wants ... even if it's from a dead animal.

Gaga just issued a statement on her website in response to a recent Little Monster backlash after the singer rocked several fur coats out in public ... and she seems to aim the post directly at the same PETA activists who flour-bombed Kim Kardashian earlier this year.

0815_kardashian_flower_bombed_splash_2"I want you to know that I care deeply about your feelings and views, and I will always support your philosophies about life," Gaga writes ... adding, "I do not however support violent, abusive, and childish campaigns for ANY CAUSE."

"Particularly one that I respect. 'Animal Rights.' I am choosing not to comment on whether or not the furs I purchase are faux fur-pile or real because I would think it hypercritical not to acknowledge the python, ostrich, cow hide, leather, lamb, alligator, 'kermit' and not to mention meat, that I have already worn."

She adds, "You see a carcass, I see a museum pièce de résistance."

Gaga concludes, "I respect your views, please respect mine. And to campaigners, Save your flour to make bread for the children who are hungry. And Kim Kardashian is fabulous."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jen

Let's skin her and see what we can make.

MISSA

Well said Lady Gaga you should be able to wear whatever you choose, everyone should. Who is anyone to tell someone what they can and cannot wear if you feel beautiful in it and you like it, you should damn well be allowed to wear it!

Lauri

She's a "pièce" all right. Just not what she thinks.

Dinosauer

TMZ this is the literal definition of "taking something out of context". Let's read the WHOLE letter - is she really calling animal activists childish? God you're a despicable outfit. Here's the full paragraph:

"To the fans. i want you to know that I care deeply about your feelings and views, and I will always support your philosophies about life. We've been having over-arching conversations about society, equality, and politics for the past five years, and we should continue. I do not however support violent, abusive, and childish campaigns for ANY CAUSE. Particularly one that I respect. "Animal Rights." I am choosing not to comment on whether or not the furs I purchase are faux fur-pile or real because I would think it hypercritical not to acknowledge the python, ostrich, cow hide, leather, lamb, alligator, "kermit" and not to mention meat, that I have already worn. This should already put me in a category as one who appreciates and adores the beauty of animals in fashion, but am not a strict vegan. I have truly always stayed away from skinned fur, especially i have never been able to afford a nice one, but this does not mean my morals are rigid and that I won't bend at the sight of an absolute art piece of a coat. I have no chains about this. You see a carcass, I see a museum pièce de résistance. But I am truly sorry to fans who are upset by this, its a fair and applaudable feeling about the health and safety of animals. I respect your views, please respect mine.

Lifekix

They make great steaks , and roasts too. Which everyone doesn't bitch about while theyre eating them.

Jay W.

Gaga can slide down on me. I'll wear her around.

GoAwayGloria

Love her <3

Laura

Dead singers make beautiful floor mats.

GOD

Then pick up some road kill and put that **** on, bitch.

Carl

She's not nearly as intelligent as she thinks she is.

DaveT

...."Gaga claiming militant animal rights activists are "childish" and "abusive"....
She's got that right.
I grew up in the city outskirts, half city life and half country life, love the outdoors, love animals, and I respect nature and the creatures in it.
But I don't have much use for animal rights activists, they're some of the most fake people the planet.
Not all of them, some are sincere and care about animals, especially animal control folks who deal with some nasty animal abuse cases.
But as for the many so-called animal rights organizations...who make their fat paychecks off of both taxpayer funding and private donations...they're mostly radicals and extremists.
Like all extremists in any movement, they do more damage to the cause they claim to serve, than help it.

gibbsysgirl

Gaga you are a POS.. Your furs, real or fake make your ass look huge!!! You just use animals to suit you and attract attention to your self. you are disgusting.

Pudding Tang

Say NO to Gaga sans vêtements...... how about just wearing the appropriate trash bag.

Mike

She lost me at Kim Kardashian is fabulous.

Pamela