Mayim Bialik

Hospitalized in Car Wreck

May Lose Finger

8/15/2012 2:43 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_tmz_2update_bar
4:35 PM PT --
MAYIM'S FINGERS ARE SAFE ... but they're not entirely functional yet -- the actress just tweeted that she "will keep all my fingers," but admitted her husband had to type the message.

0314_divider_graphic
Mayim Bialik
sustained serious injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles this afternoon ... and sources tell us the "Big Bang Theory" actress is in danger of losing her finger.

It all went down on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea around noon ... sources tell us the former "Blossom" actress was traveling alone in a white Volvo which was struck in the intersection by another vehicle filled with tourists from Chile.

We're told emergency responders raced to the scene. One source tells us there was "tons and tons of blood everywhere."

Sources tell us Bialik sustained major damage to her left hand ... and "her finger was almost completely severed ... it was just hanging there."

We're told 36-year-old Mayim was rushed to a nearby hospital where she is being treated.
0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_scene_tmzStory developing ...

Kristoferian

I honestly don't know who his is. But I hope she makes a full recovery

Dan Frederiksen

"vehicle filled with tourists from Chile" is that code for the TMZ bus? : )

the crash damage on the car is not consistent with a severe crash where any blood would be spilt. she would have to hold a pair of scissors in front of the airbag or something..

Erika

She looked great when she was on WNTW a couple of years ago (I bleieve).

Freak accidents have always had that ... "Oh, no! S/He may loose a finger, hand, etc."

LA Woman

I'm so lucky that wasn't me. I was running errand at noon today in the same neighborhood. I decided to go to a different bank, otherwise things could've gone differently.

John

whoa..

brenda

No mention she is a Ph.D in neuroscience, yet the Blossom references fly.

TMZ, your staff is the worst in reporting...THE WORST!

Majestik

OMG....MAYIM. I love you, you were fantastic on Blossom and even better on The Big Bang Theory. Best of luck and quick recovery.

LA Woman

I was just in this neighborhood running errands. This could have easily been me!

No comment

I wonder if she was holding her cell phone or texting with the airbag deployed? Usually and injury like indicates something in your hand.

MS

I heard years ago that Volvo was one of the safest cars and could best protect in collisions....thank God she was driving one.

Honeys Booboo

Whoa. I blame Sixx.

kerrplunk

RIP finger

King Anton

jesus christ that sucks. i hope she doesn't lose a limb

Northerner

im sorry to hear of her accident but it sure didnt look very serious so she must have had her hand in an odd position or something near the steering wheel and it got pushed into it some way with the sudden forward motion from stopping suddenly? hope it can be reattached.

noel

damn latinos can't drive. I hope she's okay, she's actually a useful human being.