Robin Roberts'

Mother Dies

8/31/2012 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0831_robin_roberts_02
It's almost too much for anyone to bear ... Now we know why "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts left a day before her scheduled medical leave -- her mother died Thursday.

Roberts -- who will be taking several months off to undergo treatment -- including a bone marrow transplant -- for a rare blood disorder -- flew to Mississippi Thursday to see her 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, before she passed away.

Roberts -- who battled breast cancer and developed the blood disorder as a result of chemo -- will be getting the life-saving bone marrow from her sister, Sally-Ann. The procedure is scheduled for next week.

Nancy

My sympthay to you, Robin. Stay strong. You have people that love you.

Straight Talkin Texan

Uh, Roberts once HAD breast cancer, but she doesn't have it anymore. She's being treated for a blood disorder. At least that's my understanding.

gamepro

thats to bad and i hope she can fight through everything but she prob will take longer then we thought so she can grieve and recover from her mothers death

Patti

My heartfelt sympathy Robin to you and your family at this very difficult time. Stay strong as you are a huge fighter and have won one battle and will of course win this battle. My prayers are with you,

Ella

Bless her heart. She has endured so much pain and suffering over the past couple of years. And now the loss of her mother. I hope she stays strong during all of this. I have so much respect for her. I hope she conquers her bone marrow transplant and overcomes all of these obstacles.

DopeLikeCoke

When it rains, it pours. My condolences to Robjn and her family, as well as a speedy recovery for Robin herself.

tt

my heart goes out to robin and the roberts family

Sandy

So sad, How much can one take. I hope her mother is at peace and it may give Robin some comfort and she can concentrate on her journey

not surprised

My prayers go out to Robin and her family through this difficult time.

Mary Ann McQueen

God give her strength. He seems to be really testing her.

Ace

You will be together soon.

Lee

As one breast cancer survivor to another.....Hang in there and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
Heartfelt good and healing wishes to you and may God Bless you and yours.

Red Lily

Classiest woman on TV. Love you Robin. Praying for you and your family.

Phishie from Philly

Robin Roberts is a strong women and she's the type that will get stronger in challenging times. That is a hard thing to do and that is an inspiration for others. Hang in there and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Phishie from Philly

kensmith14738

seldom have I seen someone hadle adversity with suvpch grace and conviction. she is THE role model for us all.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments