Joey Buttafuoco

Don't Shoot Me ...

But I'm Writing a Tell-All

9/3/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0902_Buttafuoco_fisher_gettyJoey Buttafuoco is breaking his 20-YEAR SILENCE about his affair with Amy Fisher by writing a tell-all book, TMZ has learned.

Buttafuoco tells TMZ the reason he's coming forward after so many years is due to a recent brush with death. He believes it's time to "clean the slate" and finally move on with his life -- aptly titling the memoir, "Closure."

Joey tells us, "Everyone thinks they know [the story] but they really don't."

Joey says the book his ex-wife Mary Jo Buttafuoco wrote back in 2009 is just an "angry account of an ex-wife who pieced together her own vision of why things happened. [She] had no knowledge of my life away from home."

Joey says he thinks Amy in particular will have a problem with him telling the whole story, but tells TMZ, "It's time for all of us to move on. My book is closure for everyone and our respected families. It's time."

Phishie from Philly

Butta****o

She's baaaack

Actually, he's probably pissed because Mary Jo did one of those "Who The Bleep Did I Marry" stories. It was pretty good. It's a miracle that Fisher girl didn't kill her. She should have done everyone a favor and shot Joey's balls off.

EastCoastChopper

Joey...We have ALL moved on...since around 1986! The only thing I want to hear about is your coke dealing and stolen car chop-shop activities back in the days - out there on Longeyeland!

Sally

Please tell me how this low life is newsworthy. I thought TMZ was celebrity gossip. Who cares?

Pookie

Is this a TMZ typo or did this dirtbag really say "our respected" families"? Try "respective" you stupid, dumb, uneducated douchebag.

ALL of these morons are classless losers, and that includes Mary Jo. I feel bad for the lady for getting shot in he head but she stayed with this prick for another 20 years! She really got off on being "famous" and used to love to go on Howard Stern yakking about Joey, completely oblivious that Howard & crew were laughing at how low class they all were.

Dirtbags!

scoopie

running after teenage girls is the MO of a number of guys in the NY/NJ area, and they somehow get away with it

timmons

Lol, those familes were anything but "resepcted." Pretty sure he (or whoever typed this) meant "respective." TMZ fails English once more...

CriticXtreme

This situation is just pure comedy these days. Amy Fischer used look so hot until she paid a visit to Dr. Frankenstein. Look you idiot girls and women, it you look good, do not mess it up with plastic surgery. This union is called I need money book tour, nothing else.

AlwaysOnTimeB

Everyone has moved on!! This attempt at raking in some fast cash is so thinly veiled, anyone can see right through it. Hopefully no one buys the book, next!!

Robert

I thought that 15 minutes was up a long time ago. I can’t wait to read the story line “I messed with a stupid girl, she shot my wife.” The End

palermo

In other words, he needs the money

cari

Please give all of US some CLOSURE and shove the book up your ass. Most, no, EVERYONE would rather listen to SNOOKI recite the phonebook than read your white trash book.

DaveT

Haha you gotta love when feminists rant and spew and only end up proving they are what we say they are...ignorant, uneducated, spiteful, and willfully stupid :D
Pedophile - sexually attracted to preteen, prepubescent children ages 11 and under.
Joey's not a pedophile, and not responsible for what the murderous girlfriend did ;)

Trooper Tom

So I guess Joey needs some money he doesn't actually have to work for.

Michelle

Butta****hole needs $$$$. Who gives a damn about him. His 15 minutes of fame were over 20 years ago.