'The Voice'

Makes Big Move

To Kill 'X Factor'

9/5/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0905_VOICE_XFACTOR_COMPOSITE
NBC
and "The Voice" are making a ballsy move to put an end to "X Factor" -- the network just pulled a last minute sneak attack ... rearranging its programming schedule next week, so "The Voice" goes head-to-head with its main competition.

NBC just announced it would be adding a third episode to next week's line-up, scheduled to air Wednesday night -- at the exact same time "X Factor" is scheduled to premiere.

The first two episodes of "The Voice" will air Monday and Tuesday nights.

NBC had previously scheduled "America's Got Talent" for the Wednesday prime time spot, but the network must be feeling confident in the new season of "The Voice" ... so it made a quick swap.

In case you didn't know, tensions between the two shows have been running pretty high -- "X Factor" creator Simon Cowell recently directed a couple "X Factor" rejects to audition for "The Voice." Burn.

So far, no word from "X Factor" honchos.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Good lord.. who cares. I can't believe people still watch these awful amateur karaoke shows.

cass

Well, ummm... let me see.... I don;t watch either, so... whatever

Liz

It's hard to get all worked up about this when all of them make millions of dollars just for appearing on a TV show where the contestants provide all the talent. If one show does slightly better than the other in ratings, they all still get rich.

Phishie from Philly

I think both shows should be canceled.
Phishie from Philly

Mary Ann McQueen

This should be rich.... I think the Voice is simply a better show.

ohboy

If the arrogance of Christina is cut out of the show, it would be way more watchable. Seriously, I can't watch that narcissist without yelling at my television. According to her, she has more experience than her 3 counterparts who actually WRITE AND PRODUCE music. No lie, she said that. Guess I'll be watching X-Factor.

Phishie from Philly

Straight up! Somewhere in the world theirs a happy Paula Abdul.
Phishie from Philly

Rob Zombie is King

The Voice is so much better. Doesn't waste time with crappy auditions... just gets to the good ones

sidithers

Mmm
Should I watch this mindless garbage or should I watch that mindless garbage
Tough choice to make!

DaveT

That's what VCR's are for. I mean DVRs. Or TiVo.
OK whatever people use these days.

Bird

Who gives a sh_t? If it were up to me, all singing shows would be taken off the air. So sick of them all.

Jay W.

Would rather watch re-runs of Punky Brewster than either of these shows.

gina

I'll be watching The Voice a real show with real coaches that can sing live and have talent to spear in aces. Go Christina Aguilera,Adam, Levine Blake Shelton and Ceelo Green. There mentore are going to be dope to Green Day Bilie Joe Mary J Micahel Buble By the preview the coaches performances by The Rolling Stone is gonna be dope!! This is the show I would try out for and would audition for and hoping I would duet with any of the real coaches with talent would be a dream. Beautiful Christina,Hottie Adam,Adorable country singer Blake, or the swavy Ceelo Green.I don't need to watch others shows that will try to be The Voice when I already have it can watch it this whole season.Congrat's The Voice on your Emmy nomination.

FlamingoNut

Honey Boo Boo is more interesting than either of these shows. No, wait a minute, they all suck. Never mind.

Lily

I can't wait for X Factor. I'm looking forward to seeing how Britney does as a mentor. Plus, I like X Factor more because when the live shows start, its not just the acts competing to win 5 million, the judges are also competing against eachother because they want their own mentored acts to win.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments