Khloe Kardashian

FRONT-RUNNER

To Host 'X Factor'

9/7/2012 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0905_khloe_kardashian_x_Factor_article_2
Khloe Kardashian may be doing her part to jump start the economy ... because TMZ has learned she's the front-runner to become the "X Factor" host and we're told the suits want it to happen.

Sources intimately connected to the show tell TMZ ... Khloe is definitely #1 among the women who tried out and is generally considered the best in the entire pack of host wannabes.

Khloe did a screen test that went over well. The suits -- including Simon Cowell (who has probably never worn a suit) -- believe Khloe makes the most sense in terms of audience draw, since they've already invested heavily in Britney Spears and Demi Lovato to attract young viewers.

Producers will make a decision soon. The host won't appear until the live shows air, and that begins next month.

As for the odds ... as one well-connected source tells us, "There's at least an 85% chance she'll get the job."

jules

I dont watch the show now! I prefer the voice...But I can honestly say, a Kardashian really? Makes me really want to watch even less...Can we say over marketed!!

Joan K

Slowly but surely this show will come to an end and faster once they put another Trashian in. People are so sick of this klan and reading the comments on everything about them I would say 98% cannot stand them and won't watch anything to do with them.

Lola

I think she's the best looking of the older three sisters. She also has had a radio show, don't know if it's still on, so she can talk, apparently. However, PLEASE give her some coaching in speech so she will not continue to talk in that fake Kardashian baby talk. I despise that.

mary

As long as they get rid of the host last year! He was HORRIBLE! I'm afraid Khloe might lack hosting experience.

DaveT

Put a man in there, too much estrogen and we'll end up with The View Factor

She's baaaack

I don't watch that show so it doesn't matter to me who hosts it, but I wish the entire Kardashian family would commit mass suicide.

Maverick

Would quit watching my favorite show if that disgusting fat pig Khloe Kardashian is hired as host.

Pondscum

They should just call the show: The Skank Factor!!! Washed up Britney, flaked out Demi, and now a Kardashian??? This is what the Mayan's were really trying to warn us about. It's the end of days!!!

kitnplayn

Americans are stupid enough to vote for a con man like Romney, so they would likely watch a half-wit show with a manufactured hollywood slut and call it entertainment.

Christine

Guess Simon couldn't find anyone worthwhile to host his show. If he had to reach the bottom of the barrel he should choose Lindsay Lohan. I would rather see that car wreck than another freaking Kartrashian ruining a tv show. Oh well I guess I will keep watching The Voice.

devilgirl

We are never getting rid of the Kardashian's, are we?

ERP

Just make sure she doesn't touch her hair. When she is on talk shows she is constantly touching/flipping her hair. It is gross and annoying.

Rob

That's all we need are more Kardashians crammed down our throats.

Joe

I will watch the voice instead if this happens.

timid

If that happens, there goes any credibility the show might have along with my watching it.