« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ryan Lochte

I Sold My Florida Pool ...

Comes With a House

9/9/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0907_ryan_lochte_pool
Ryan Lochte
just unloaded his giant Gainesville, Florida swimming pool ... which also happened to have a house attached to it, TMZ has learned.

The Olympic gold-medalist bought the pool way back in 2006 for $377,500 while he was still attending the University of Florida ... and sold it in late August for an undisclosed amount.

The pool comes with a 2,470 square-foot house (below) that boasts 4 bedrooms ... 2 baths and other home-esque things ... like a garage ... exterior walls ... fireplace etc.

But from the pics, it's obvious ... Lochte bought the place for the pool, which takes up the ENTIRE back yard.

0907_ryan_lochte_house

The timing of the sale (which closed just 4 days after the 2012 Games ended) came as no surprise ... considering the 11-time-Olympic medalist has repeatedly said that he wants to move to L.A. and pursue other careers ... like reality TV.

Step one ... complete.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Diamond Goddess!

How did he, as a STUDENT, afford to buy this?!!!
WTF!
And his parents, and every other Olympic parent in debt/foreclosure ,better PAY IT OFF now that the little darlings have made it big.
What a friggin' SCAM!!!

who-me

DORK

cobrazombie

Douche dollars.

karlew

Now how does a college student afford a 377 thousand dollar house? I thought it was illegal for universitys to pay athletes to attend their school. This kid is a potato who can swim, he sure didn't earn the money using his intellect.

Phishie from Philly

And. Why are you telling us about this. I can see if someone extremely famous bought it like Honey Boo Boo's mother or something.
Phishie fom Philly

devilgirl

Sorry but he sold a house with a pool, not a pool with a house. You people at TMZ are really in need of some clever writers, because your current ones suck!

lbs

Florida's Boosters really coughed up a nice scholarship fund for a swimmer 377K & no NCAA committee member thought to look into Lichtenstein financial situations....he $ his parents out of foreclosure or did he let them "Sink, Swim, Dingy?"

Phishie from Philly

Was the arrow marked pool really nessesary?
Phishing from Philly

scoopie

he may have paid $377K in 2006, but now? probably sold for $200K.. and you hear all the time about struggling Olympic atheletes who can barely survive financially.. not him, obviously

Lucy

I think Lochte had a future in television, etc., until he started talking in interviews. And he quickly became addicted to fame, and it showed. I think his future as a celebrity is minimal.

fulton24

Love my job, since I've been bringing in $82h… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it online… Blue31.com

ANS84

Bad move. Should stay in Gainesville and train at UF. Not staying humble. Gator Nation is officially annoyed.

Sin D

Where is the pool at? I can't see where the pool is at.

Larry

WAIT!!!! Isn't this the SAME house that TMZ reported right after the O's ended that was in foreclosure AND was owned by his parents?!?!?!?!? Which is it, does it belong to him, his parents or the bank TMZ!!!

Mary P

Uh sorry, but this is nearly a standard Florida house. My entire backyard is my pool, it's a bit smaller because we chose a more populated neighborhood for my kids (2100 sq ft), 4 bedrooms, the covenant requires 2.5 baths, 2 car garage, family room, living room - yadda yadda. And he got it when it was booming here. My house during the boom was "worth" nearly $300k - and we're by any means far from rich.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments