Michael Clarke Duncan

Died from

Respiratory Failure

9/10/2012 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0910_MCD_doc_launch
Michael Clarke Duncan died from respiratory failure, weeks after going into cardiac arrest ... this according to the actor's death certificate.

According to the doc, obtained by TMZ, respiratory failure is listed as the immediate cause of death.

One of the underlying causes of Michael's death was anoxic encephalopathy (severe lack of oxygen to the brain). As we first reported, MCD's organs were severely damaged during the minutes following his initial cardiac episode on July 13th, when the actor went without oxygen for five whole minutes.

Other underlying causes include ventricular fibrillation (irregular quivering heartbeat), and acute myocardial infarction (heart attack).

Organ nodules (sarcoidosis) were a contributing factor to MCD's death.

Two weeks after he went into cardiac arrest, MCD also received a tracheotomy, presumably to aid in breathing.

MCD passed on September 3rd. He was 54.

CHAINLINK

Very good TMZ on the report it is seriously important to know why any person dies this gives answers to why these deaths happen, as long as the death certificate is true and the information is not stolen from family. And yes we do need to see that, how do we learn if we never know what happens to humans.

alilz

this is so sad ima miss him

Mark

Sounds like this could have been related to Obstructive Sleep Apnea?

Scottrc

Omarosa is what killed him. She's nothing but a publicity whore who stalked then snagged a great & kind actor.

Melissa

I was so sadden by MCD's passing. He was truly one of my favorite actors. Story of his life is one of fight and success. Last night the green mile was on and I cried from the moment I saw him until the movie was over. No one should criticize Omarosa at all, she did what she could and the best she could to save his life. My heart goes out to her. Omarosa I am so sorry for your loss. He was my favorite actor and I was very sadden.

pmbalele

That was the most stupid way to report. The article used professional terms followed by regular English. I and many people wanted to know cause of death – period - not reported with braggy words. And we did not have to see copy of death certificate. We are not deathers to doubt how he died.

pmbalele

RobertBonan

Michael could have been saved. I'm 65 and was on my way to having a 2nd angina attack. After searching the net I was angry and glad that I found out about L-arginine and Nitric Oxide. google ( heart health wakeupgethealthy ) In 1998 three doctors won the Nobel Prize. 14 years later over 12 million people dead of heart disease. One of the Nobel Prize winners Dr Ignaro wrote the book "No More Heart Disease" How fast can this miracle molecule work. Dr Siva from the Deseart Heart institute had 33 congestive heart failure paitients. Many scheduled for heart transplants and in 6 months they all recovered. Bottom line is that big pHarma does NOT want people to know about this HUGE discovery because they stand to loose millions of dollars. Help us get the word out. This is awesome.

RobertBonan

RobertBonan

kimmie

WOW another Famous Actor gone with the contributing factor of Sarcoidosis just like RIP Bernie Mack! This is a major lung disease I don't care how much CPR you give no one but JESUS can when against this!!!!!! STAY STRONG MINISTER" O"

Cigary

Such a sad story of somebody who is the quintessential man who was so large in life and yet could play a very sensitive person...I have no doubt that the part he played on Green Mile was pretty close to who he was in life..a big man with a very big heart.

bdby48

He was a very good actor & seemed to have a great personality. It is a terrble shame to lose him at such a young age & especially w/ his upcoming marriage in the near future, a big loss all the way around. He had that infectous smile. He reminded me of a childhood friend , all we had to do was look at each other in class & we would bust out laughing, uncontrollably & we would get in trouble.

ron

enjoyed his acting very much

Barbara

Michael was the only reason I watched the green mile. I loved that man!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments