'Waterboy' Star

I Fought in Vietnam ...

and There Were Casualties

9/10/2012 8:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

091012_blake_clark_launch
Blake Clark is an American hero ... not just because he starred in "The Waterboy" and "Boy Meets World" -- he's a military vet who served in Vietnam ... and knows first hand about the horrors of war.

Clark -- who's been in a TON of Adam Sandler flicks and also voiced Slinky the dog in "Toy Story 3" -- was at LAX this weekend when we started talking politics.

"I'm not a socialist," Clark told us ... "I killed socialists ... I was in Vietnam ... I was an infantry platoon leader."

Clark was involved in combat missions ... and says he did kill people during the war ... explaining, "That's what you do in combat ... you don't dart 'em and tag 'em and follow their migration ... you kill 'em."

Clark added, "I was a platoon leader ... so my job wasn't actually to shoot people, although I did. Mine was to command the platoon in combat, call in artillery and mortars and air strikes."

We asked if Clark would ever want to participate in a movie about Vietnam ... but the actor told us, "A lot of times directors don't want somebody [with actual war experience] because they think that I would try to direct the movie ... which I wouldn't."

rudynjudyjudy

HE~S a doollar store COMMIE LOVER like everybody else who don`t wanta die in a sweat shop

slunkiinettos

War wTf is it good4$ nothing WWII that wast a war nam was a classless action MADDY vs MADDY red COMMIE DADDY

panchang810

Obviously tons of people here can't distinguish between socialism and communism even Mr. Blake Clark. Vietnam is not a socialist nation but a communist one. And to all those morons who say they are one and the same, you need to go back to high school or else read the differences between these two types of governments and ideologies. FYI most countries in Europe are socialists like the Norway, the Netherland, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland etc. etc. so to all the idiots who seem to have a narrow perspective in politics just because they hate certain people or government, know your facts first before you blabber.

verlinda

Sounds shell-shocked to me.

Chad

Cameraman.....let the veteran talk. It's rare for them to talk at all, and no need to interrupt the story every 10 seconds.
And commentator Dusty: to say this man has no dignity because he talked of his experience is beyond ignorant. Because your grandfather did not speak of his experience does not mean all veterans should stay quiet. Talking helps some veterans and educates others, and some stay quiet, suffering in silence. Don't judge which method is dignified. You have obviously not served in combat yourself.
Cameraman if you hear a veteran talk, let em talk. Question about what you hear in the story, don't talk over the story.....let history speak live to you and appreciate the priviledge.

El Douche

Is that Dick Tracey?!

Cromulent

"I'm not a socialist," Clark told us ... "I killed socialists"

My hero!

Nyd

Socialism is just a preliminary form of Communism!
Kill em all!

td4six

Still Remember his hunting and fishing skits from an HBO special some 30 years ago. One of my favorite comedians.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2