'Grateful Dead' Drummer

on Assault Allegations:

'I Will Get By'

9/13/2012 2:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0913-mickey-hart-gettyMickey Hart -- a longtime drummer for the "Grateful Dead" -- says he has NO IDEA why a warrant has been issued for his arrest ... telling TMZ the assault allegations against him are completely bogus.

We broke the story ... Hart has been accused of beating up a person at a Mickey Hart Band concert in Kentucky on Sept. 8.

Now, Hart is lashing back ... telling TMZ, "I am totally baffled by a bizarre claim of assault by me coming out of Kentucky -- the home of Bluegrass and a state I love dearly."

He adds, "Any accusation or claim of assault against me is completely false and without any basis whatsoever. I played drums on 'Shakedown Street,' but I never expected to be 'The Victim or the Crime.'"

Officials have not revealed the identity of Hart's accuser -- and so far, the details surrounding the alleged attack are unclear.

jetfanglo

FINALLY...........a good headline.....;)

Art Howard at Night.com

This must have him "Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad." If they try to arrest him, he may try an "Alabama Getaway."

Laura

If there had been an altercation at such a public event, there should be witnesses.

RoseAlan

I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that's cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, View More

Honeys Booboo

Mickey is Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine,
and all a friend can say is "Ain't it a shame?"

sidithers

TMZ staffers clueless morons as always
Dead heads hate that song

fallhenery

Im making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,>>> >>> R+E+A+D http://Green32.com

DucNut

CLONE JERRY

Tommy

Best title ever!! lol

deepthroat

ARKBRI's response to FLORIDAGIRL is TOTALLY correct! The misdemeanor assault charges will more than likely be upgraded to a felony (if it has not already happened) because of the physical injuries sustained by the victim. BTW, the victim only has 30% use of his heart and is a very sick man. The beating Mickey inflicted on this man nearly put him in the hospital. I personally observed bruises on my friend's arm the night the assault occurred and listened to his concerns of other aliments he was enduring. Aliments so bad, that we begged him to seek medical treatment that night. A couple days after this assault my friend had to have fluid drained behind his defibrillator implant due to being shoved in the chest. What is most troubling, is that Mickey Hart knew this mans condition and the fact that he had this implant and acted as such. Mickey is so concerned about bad "karma," he is the bad karma. In my opinion, here is a person with a God complex gone wild. Maybe, just maybe, Mickey Hart has been pushing around little guys for a long time, and now karma is finally catching up. Good luck with selling that ocean front property in AZ and those bridges in CA Mickey. Time to pay the fiddler!

Bloomcounty.USA

I'm gonna figure that the "victim" was on LSD ... so maybe they got beatup by someone and maybe it was during the drum solo. :-|

King Tubby

Mickey Rules GD Forever!

Phishie from Philly

Mickey, this is what happens when you mix shrooms and a concert. You do things and don't remember the next day.
The real Phishie from Philly

BTDT

Nancy Grace will get to the bottom of this.
(And pronounce him guilty no matter what the evidence)

Glory Bee

I went to a "The Dead" concert a few years back. The band no longer goes by Grateful Dead. I was saddened to see the changes. Mickey in particular was a very angry and hostile man. If asked if I thought he was capable of doing the crime alledged I'd have to say...DEFINATELY. His rage radiated from the stage. I have had a lot of training in learning to recognize violent people. I believe Mickey to be a person with violent tendencies. I once admired him. But I did something at that concert I have never done before. I walked out. "Bad vibes" doesn't begin to describe what was happening there. No, not surprised at all that he is a suspect.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments