'Fox & Friends'

PRANKED On Live TV

By Fake Romney Supporter

9/17/2012 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0917_fox_news2
"Fox & Friends" just got pranked by a phony Mitt Romney supporter ... who fooled producers into putting him on the air ... where he proceeded to screw with host Gretchen Carlson for 2 hilariously awkward minutes.

The fake guest -- who went by the name Max Rice -- appeared on the show via satellite this morning to talk about why young people like himself have turned on Obama and are now supporting Mitt Romney.

Here's how the first exchange went:

Rice: "Miss USA, it's an honor."
Carlson: "Miss America ... but close enough."
Rice: "Miss Universe in my book."

Rice -- who claimed to be an unemployed recent college grad who just moved out of his parents house --  went on to explain he became a "Nit Romney" supporter after losing a basketball game to a friend.

Carlson eventually realized she was being messed with ... and ended the segment. It was later reported that Max happens to be an aspiring comic.

Pretty funny clip -- check it out.

Internet Tough Guy

Best troll ever.

JimmyB

Well....That's strange. I thought they were "Fair & Balanced". Where was the opposing view of someone who is now voting for Obama? Huh?

Flagday53

I am so ultra liberal that I even hate to see a Fox talking (and lying) head like Gretchen's being punked. It's like clubbing a beautiful baby seal. I mean, look at her hair.

He wasn't really funny anyway. He got on there and could've been maliciously funny or hit some good points. He just yelled ba ba booey.

Tookie Topbox

It's the Fox Channel so I doubt many people actually saw it.

I'm A Lawyer

Why do republicans love being represented by beauty pageant contestants? Look for Honey Boo Boo on FOX, in about 20 yrs.

Megan Moore

Can we say AWKWARD??? I had a hard time watching that.

CriticXtreme

Idoits! Would they let a Tourettes person like myself and my fine lady friend who stutters on? I have a lot to say but it would most likely turn into pure comedy.

HectorGuerreroLara

Hi, I'm Hector Guerrero Lara and this is so funny. How can a guest make a serious network look like a fool. I guess they were desperate for content. Live and learn Fox!

Chad

If I was a comedian I wouldn't have wasted my time drinking coffee and not talking much. I would have busted out a great joke. #PrankFail

kronenburg

Hilarious! I love it when Faux News gets messed with, since their mission is to mess with everyone else.

Cujeaux

This is exactly what they deserve for their constant attempts to blame Obama for everything the dork they elected did.

jules

What happen to fair and balanced? Fixed news does it again. Whether serious of not, she should have completed the interview. What not good enough to be interviewed?

Lauri

well, that's about as much fact checking as most of their "news" gets so it's really not surprising. Shoot first, aim later!

Mallory

Funny that he got them to put him on, but he didn't capitalize on his opportunity. He's not funny.

nicole

Well I think that was very funny. i dont vote but im not at home with my mommy unemployed . she wanted to talk to a uneducated, unmployed stay at home man they should have let him stay on air and talk. lol

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments