'Innocence of Muslims' Actress

Sues Producer

I Was Duped Into Movie

9/19/2012 12:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0920_innocence-muslims-cindy-garcia
One of the stars of the anti-Islam movie "The Innocence of Muslims" -- which has sparked violent protests around the world -- is now suing the producer, claiming she was duped into acting in the "vile and reprehensible" film.

Cindy Lee Garcia filed the lawsuit today in L.A. County Superior Court against producer Nakoula Basseley Nakoula -- aka Sam Bacile -- claiming at the time of filming, she believed she was acting in a "historical Arabian Desert adventure film."

When the film was released, Cindy says it had been "changed grotesquely" to "make it appear that Ms. Garcia voluntarily performed in a hateful anti-Islamic production."

Garcia has claimed her voice was dubbed in the movie to include lines that insulted the Muslim prophet Muhammed, which she never uttered.

After receiving numerous death threats since the film's release, Cindy claims she's been forced into hiding. She says she has also been fired from her job as a result of the film.

In addition to the film's producer, Cindy is also suing Google and YouTube, demanding a court order requiring them to pull the film from their servers. Cindy claims Google/YouTube have already refused to do so.

Cindy is also seeking unspecified damages from Google, YouTube, and the producer.

Google, YouTube, and the producer have yet to comment on the lawsuit.

hayden paul

**** this whore

Cao

I think she should be suing someone else if she lost job because of the film.

Smashed

I don't really give a fk. Some of you Muslims may be happy assfks - however, u threaten me and my country so GO HOME. Leave us alone in America. I don't care if you don't like what I have to say - this **** is serious. People feel threatened. Stay in your own GD country.

Twilightstar

I watched this video to see what all the fuss was about. Poor acting, terrible dubbing, hard to follow and it made little sense to me.

Cindy Garcia may have a case against the producer, it depends on how her contract is worded.

However, that isn't Youtube or Google's fault. I am very proud of Google and Youtube for standing their ground and keeping the video online.
Why?

Because this film, warts and all, is also about freedom of expression, a far more important matter. We must never ever ever kowtow to terrorists.

This is America. It is what we do. It is why we were founded. It is why people risk their life and everything they own to come here and live in freedom everyday. We can never, ever, ever let go of the right of self -expression. And we must never ever apologise for it either.

Twilightstar

Oh wait.........There’s a talking donkey?........I may have gotten bored too soon and turned it off. Maybe have to go in and look again.

Jah36

This film really is spot on. Everyone keeps using terms such as "vile" and "reprehensible." These muslim cooks are savages. They do not behave like human beings. F their religion. They should keep making these videos so the psychopaths can just blow each other up.

A1A

I liked the movie about moohamid. Two thumbs up.

Smarg

Islam is a gutter superstition that glorifies death, violence, and the subjugation of women.

Nims

Its shocking how everyone finds the muslims a terrible race. Noone likes being bullied and this is highly offensive.
Everyone should be treated equally.
This is what we all grew up believing !

Sincerity

I understand "WHY" she officially filed the lawsuit. It's the most "DEFIANT" means she has at her disposal to "DISTANCE HERSELF" from this mess. I'm sure she realizes her chances of collecting any damages from any of the defendants named in this suit are rather remote. The discovery do***entation that Nakoula Basseley Nakoula will have to produce will be "OFF THE CHAIN"!!! I just can't wait to find out "WHO IN THE HELL" REALLY BANKROLLED THIS BOMB!!!

Gary

This so-called actress is no dummy. She knows that any publicity is good publicity. She's going after it for all she's worth. Trouble is she is fooling around with insane religious maniacs who will hunt her down. When they find her- her career wil be over. She should have quietly shut her mouth and scurried away in the darkness.

tt

She is sooo full of it. Either way, this is a free country and these are the things that people do here. It has been done to other religions and culturs. Get over it.

tt

With the ACLU we are all losing our rights.

Spicy mag

This needs a DVD release with directors commentary.

I won't grow up

I've seen the "movie" and calling anyone in this histerically bad epic an actor is like calling dog poo caviar. If she's saying she was duped she must be dumber than mud.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments