Paris Hilton

Apologizes

'Gays are Strong, Inspiring'

9/21/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0921_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton
has issued an apology for the comments she made about gay men ... saying, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

Of course, Hilton's apology is in response to a secretly recorded piece of audio released earlier this week which caught the heiress saying such gems like, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."

Paris had already released a statement trying to explain herself ... but now, she's issued a full-on apology -- posted on GLAAD's website, no less -- saying, "I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning."

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

She continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ... Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

Jmac

The walking brain dead goes into damage control....

Mel

Why doesn't she dress her own age?

Big Daddy

The apology is nothing but PR control damage. She has admitted she said it in an unguarded moment and it was leaked to the press. Her true feelings and bias toward gay men have been revealed. Please go away Paris.

Dan Frederiksen

there is nothing to forgive. there is truth to what she said.
her only crime is to not have the backbone to stand up for the truth when bullied by the gays

Anon

Isn't Paris Hilton a little old to be sounded like an uneducated teenager? She's in her 30s now, right?

ohhaygirl

If only "Sorry" would make everything better!

msfanni

I love my gay men in my life. But... Paris is stating the truth. She isn't gay bashing.

People are mad because said Grindr is gross. My gays are always like "Look at this dude on Grindr" GRINDR" is gross.. Its gross. A lot of my gay friends have Grindr in their phones. Ya know. It shows what gay neighbors are down to ****. And some of the dudes do have AIDS.

Not to generalize but a lot of dudes from the 80's have AIDS. The older gays guys that were lucky and survived the 80's.

A lot of my gay male friends contracted Aids in the 80's and survived. And quite a few of them are on Grindr. Just sayn'

EastCoastChopper

I have a picture of Paris's pinocha!

Quinn

either way she's probably happy that she's back in the news

Debster

I wish that hosebag has been would just plain GO AWAY. She is an incredibly ugly person who should keep her trap shut. Every time she opens it she shows the world - again - just how stupid she really is.

wendy

she's the horniest person i know

Parker

Ah stuff Paris and go have that nasty coach of yours checked out for any diseases you may have...we all know herpes is only one of me!

William

What was the big deal in the first place? She said gays are horny, and probably have AIDS. Both true. She never said anything bad about them, or that she hated them. GLAAD should go away, just like PETA.

Mike44090

I'll bet she does apologize. I wish the cab driver would have just gave a quote from the tape instead of giving the tape up front. Then once she denied ever saying it bring the tape forward as proof and see what she had to say. I could care less if she apologizes because I don't care about her, never did.

wendy

people are people. some cops, some accountants, some are professional gamblers, some professional, others waitstaff, some wet their beds, and some make uneducated posts on tmz re: gays.....