Paris Hilton

Apologizes

'Gays are Strong, Inspiring'

9/21/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0921_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton
has issued an apology for the comments she made about gay men ... saying, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

Of course, Hilton's apology is in response to a secretly recorded piece of audio released earlier this week which caught the heiress saying such gems like, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."

Paris had already released a statement trying to explain herself ... but now, she's issued a full-on apology -- posted on GLAAD's website, no less -- saying, "I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning."

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

She continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ... Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

Latch Johnson

Can tmz be any fuller of gays claiming they are straight and defending gays? You aren't fooling anyone. She was right and has the right to say it. You have the right to hate it, her, me and everything else but stop lying.

3Storms

Anyone who doesn't think this whole manufactured "controversy" wasn't a calculated move on her part to get her name back out after becoming a has-been faux-celeb is an idiot.

soandso111

1.) Freedom of speech does NOT depend on whether or not you agree with what is being said.
2. ) Not everyone in this world loves every other group of people. Why do you care? Get over it.
3.) I'm going to go out on a limb and say Paris didn't know she was being recorded. As much as her statements may offend some of us, she's entitled to have her opinion just as much as anyone else is and if you don't like that then you're in the wrong country.
4.) I love gay people, but you've got to stop trying to force everyone to accept you. There are good people that may have beliefs that disagree with homosexuality, but that doesn't make them bad people. What should matter is if they're respectful towards you.

mike holly

yes forgive her because she told the truth, she is smarter then you think

verlinda

People think about it. Who is really at fault here. How many of us have said something about gays, blacks and other ethic groups. No one records it, so we get away with it. Don't lie and say you never have. The Cabbie is at fault. I believe this guy is riding around picking up fairs of rich and famous people, recording their phone conversations and blackmailing them. I am no fan of Paris but I believe she has a right to speak and not be recorded by someone seeking 15 minutes of fame......let the hate began

Tom Donohue

It would be nice if she stepped up and offered to support the HIV/AIDS community - a great organization to start with would be the National Association of People With AIDS.

Truth

"Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

They actually teach this in schools now. YOU WILL CONFORM TO IT, CITIZEN.

Truth

This is such a cliche now. Someone said ______. GLADD whines like a bitch. Someone apologizes. GLADD takes full credit.

Truth

The lesson here is, all private conversations have to be approved by GLADD now.

Diakonia

If I thought that she had even the slightest capacity for authentic remorse, I would gladly forgive this and move on. However, her "apology" is about as vapid as her personality. It is an obvious public relations managed issue. Her previous, hateful comments indicate her actual perspective. In vino veritas! It is especially horrible because the gay community has been so good to her. Put your time where your mouth is, and do something to show your remorse. Do something to help us be convinced that you understand the gravity of this issue. When somebody, who is in such a major spotlight as she, makes a comment like that, it does have an impact. DO something to convince us of the position you would like for us to believe that you have, in regards to the gay people who have been so good to you. And, do it without any commercialization.

John

I LOVE PARIS

jim

She was right the first time.

fleabag73

WHY GAWD WHY has this wh*re NOT gotten hit by a bus yet?

Dkah94

i don't believe paris herpes at all :o

J

why this poor girl is allowed to talk about important facts is just unfair to her. she's better talking about whatever it is she does