Paris Hilton

Apologizes

'Gays are Strong, Inspiring'

9/21/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0921_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton
has issued an apology for the comments she made about gay men ... saying, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

Of course, Hilton's apology is in response to a secretly recorded piece of audio released earlier this week which caught the heiress saying such gems like, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."

Paris had already released a statement trying to explain herself ... but now, she's issued a full-on apology -- posted on GLAAD's website, no less -- saying, "I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning."

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

She continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ... Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

Gary

Just like that phonie Kobe....they are only sorry they got caught ...they aren't sorry about what they said....Kobe got a free ride for his gay slurs....I'm sure so will Paris.

GregNYC

She is hiis-, she is his-, she is history.

Lloyd

As I understood it, the quotes came out of a conversation about GRINDR. I'm a gay man who survived the early AIDS era (my husband DIDN'T), and the existence of GRINDR (plus glory holes, bath houses, etc. etc.) REPULSES me. How are we to ever achieve full civil rights when THIS is the lifestyle we present to the world we're trying to be a full part of? 'Marriage Equality,' HELL - I'd say that less than 1% of us are in committed relationships...unless an eight-minute relationship counts as 'committed.' Paris was CORRECT.

bstill

It looks like when she realized the papz were there she had to quickly pull her hand away from her quivering quim! Like they totally caught her "jillin off". THAT'S HOT :)

Thomas Jefferson

She's ditz sometimes but would respect someone more if they didn't apologize.

Liz from Australia

I actually get where Paris was coming from when she said those comments. It was a private conversation between her and her Gay friend. when you know someone well you can say anything. My gay friend, who I have known for 25 years and I have the same types of conversations. He tells me what he gets up to on Grindr and other gay social networks and I am always calling him names. He is very promiscuous when it comes to meeting guys for sex so whats the big deal. It would have been so totally wrong had she been in the cab alone and was having this conversation with the driver. this is the one and only time I will be defending paris lol

Shawna

she's such a bimbo, when will people finally stop paying attention to the drivel she comes up with.

Shut up B***h, no-one cares!

Tutti Frooooty

Why do they think they can be forgiven just because they were caught?? We ALL know she's not sorry she said it...only sorry someone blackmailed her ass!!!!

Jacqueline

Perhaps she needs to learn a thing or 2..like how to properly give a blow job..whore!

Muffy

PHONY WHORE!!!

John

Homos are sick disgusting filth

Fibb

All in All , Paris is right, GAYS are Gross, filthy, disgusting, people..Adam was made for Eve, Not Steve.. I've noticed that all the gay dudes are players, & all they talk about is pen@s & @ss sex, & isn't it funny how they think everyone is gay to even when there not..What a bunch of sissy sicko's...

Justme12

Paris Hilton is the horniest person I know she sleeps with more men than gay guys sleep together

Mia

Can't she just go away and not come back ever

Mary

Why is she apologizing? She spoke the truth and it wasn't directed at all gay people. Grinder is gross, period.