« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mayweather & Pacquiao

Strike Deal

In Defamation Lawsuit

9/26/2012 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0926-manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-tmz
Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. can't get together in the ring ... and won't fight in court either -- they've finally ended a 3-year legal beef over doping allegations with a settlement agreement.

As TMZ previously reported, Pacquiao sued Mayweather Jr. back in 2009 for defamation ... after Mayweather allegedly accused Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs.

But yesterday, legal docs were filed on behalf of both parties, stating the boxers had settled the matter entirely and Pacquiao agreed to drop his lawsuit.

Terms of the settlement are unknown -- but both parties will cover their own legal fees.

Mayweather Jr. and his father released a joint statement Tuesday, saying they "wish to make it clear that they never intended to claim that Manny Pacquiao has used or is using any performance-enhancing drugs."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sidithers

Bruce Lee couldve kicked both of these wussys asses at the same time

Trevis Miho

Ugh...look, they're tough, I know this. They can whoop the sh*t out of me...yup. BUT, I soo sick of seeing their names paired together. If they're not gonna fight (and nowadays, I don't even care anymore - screw them both for that)...if they're not gonna fight, there's no reason to even bring both of them up together anymore. I don't care who Pacquaio fights anymore, and I don't care who Mayweather fights anymore. I'm just waiting for someone new who'll come out, tear people up, then have another guy do the same, so I can anticipate something similar to what the world SHOULD'VE seen with these two f**kin divas. I'm done with these guys.

Gridiron

YOU GUYS SUCK!
THAT WAS CRUEL!

And yes, I'm shouting because you had me good for a split-second with that headline. I thought they had FINALLY reached an agreement to fight...

DaveT

...and strike a pose

Hefe

I'm sick of these two idiots.

They're never going to fight each other because EACH of them is TERRIFIED to lose to the other.

I don't care what any fan of either of them says. Both guys have their petty demands that they know the other won't accept.

Pathetic.

david

mayweather keeps dodging manny....manny would whip that ass and sissy boy floyd knows it

Ivan in Phoenix

Mayweather is a little whiney bizzatch!

aspire

Manny already posted in his facebook account last month that he is willing to fight 45/55 share in Mayweather's favor. Its up to Mayweather now if he agree.

Dennis

The only person Mayweather is good at striking is his girlfriends and unarmed security guards at his HOA. Mayweather is a POS who thinks because he has money he can do whatever he wants. One of these days, he will find out he cant.

tommy

Floyd has been ducking him for years while claiming to be the best pound 4 pound. excuse after excuse! the gloves are to small was the deal breaker. really? ufc fighters wear the smallest gloves possible and he wouldn't agree to fight Manny because of the glove size..Do your time Floyd and when you get out try to be humble and thankful for your blessings!

ts

Mayweather is scared to fight Pacquiao in the ring and this is his way of getting out of it.

roy

i dont know why yal want Mayweather to fight manny.Waste of time. Mayweather has nothing to prove. besides passing a drug screen. Manny... Man up.lol