« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Scottie Pippen Lawsuit

Shot Down By Judge

You Were NOT Defamed!

9/29/2012 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0929-scottie-pippen-gettyScottie Pippen is not bankrupt -- but according to a federal judge, he cannot sue anyone that said he was.

As TMZ first reported, Pippen sued a TON of media outlets for defamation back in 2011 after they published articles claiming he was broke. As proof he'd never gone belly up, Pippen said he has never worth less than $40 million at any point in the last 10 years.

Pippen wanted $1 million from every media outlet that said his finances were in the toilet.

But a federal judge in Illinois dismissed the case this week, claiming the comments about Pippen's personal finances DO NOT count as defamation. As a result, Pippen was awarded nothing.

Which is fine ... since he apparently has all that money.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ashlyn

TMZ, I think you mean "he WAS never worth less than $40 million." Ugh! I've said it a million times, I love TMZ but the lack of writing ability is killing me.

DaveT

(psst...soon LAFFNBEAR will show up and use LAFFNBEAR and FLORIDAGIRL screen-names to spew negative racist comments about black people, pass it on ;))

Stiletto

Scottie was a part of one of the best basketball teams ever assembled...I refer, of course, to the Celtics.

I would think he would have just laughed these assertions off and gone on enjoying life.

His idiotic lawsuits harmed his "image" more than any of these claims that he was broke.

Rich

Simple comment: Good...he deserves nothing!

Phishie from Philly

I guess Scottie ain't going to be Pippen now!
Phishie from Philly

Catca

Back when Scottie played for the Bulls during the championship years he used to go a restaurant called "Houstons" after almost all home games and the word around town is that none of the wait staff wanted to wait on his entourage and nicknamed him "No tippin Pippin"

christy

Grow up! I'm sure your snob wife had something to do with law suit filing! Wouldn't want to ruin her rep. Why do you care what ppl think you have in your bank acct. You just embarrassed yourself!

Thespacebtweenthewaterandmyass

I've delivered to this cheap sob and his busted face. His whole family needs to learn to tip. His mom loves ****ty fried chicken. His wife is way to hot for him.

Michael

I don't believe media outlets should be able to lie about you (including your finances) and not be exposed to financial sanctioned, regardless of celebrity.

schweddyballer404

Come on its scotty pippen. Hes not broke