Nicki Minaj

Mariah Called Me a Bitch

10/3/2012 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launchMariah Carey fired the first shots in her "American Idol" war with Nicki Minaj ... calling the rapper a "bitch" multiple times ... this according to sources close to Minaj.

According to our sources, Nicki is adamant ... in the moments before the TMZ video begins, Mariah repeatedly berated her ... until Nicki finally had enough and exploded.

We're told ... Nicki feels Mariah has been wasting everyone's time by constantly praising herself instead of focusing her energy on critiquing the contestants.

One source tells us, "She keeps bringing up how many records she's sold, name dropping people she's worked with, how many tours she's done, and how many Grammys or awards she's won ... Nicki is tired of it."

DaveT

Mariah is a sweetie, not the arrogant bitch diva that people claim.
Simon Cowell in recent interview:
"I met with Mariah about X Factor, but my main concern was that she might have found it harder on X Factor than on American Idol, because Idol is a more gentle show and Mariah is not someone who wants to say "no" to people"
Arrogant rude divas don't have a problem telling people "no", it's their favorite thing to do :D
Mariah's a sweetheart ;)

Vonn

The truth hurts... i guess that's why she got bent out of shape. Your behavior proved Mariah right.

Horndog

With all the money the show generates one would think they could sign a corporate sponsor, say ... a soft drink company.

Uh

American Idol went into the toilet years ago. The "new" judges confirm flushing won't fix it, but only further clog it up.

Belle

O M G Enough already!! What are they - 5???

Seldombinlaid

Has Idol started on TV yet? My wife is usually glued to it. If it has started, it's not getting watched here I guess. I know that she doesn't really care for either of those women. It's to bad for the guys.

Jackie

YOU ARE A BITCH....lol I think Nicki Minaj is JEALOUS because she will NEVER have even 1/4 of Mariah's accomplishments.................****I bet Mariah keeps bringing it up to sorta say "who's opinion are you going to listen to....ME who's the greatest female recording artist of all time.........or clown whore over there who can't even perform live and needs a "get up" just to get noticed"...hahahahaha....TEAM MARIAH

Denver

Here's an idea. Cancel the whole thing and get better programming.

Kiwigirl

I hope Nigel Lithgow fires Nicki Minajs fat arse off the show. There is no need for that sort of carry on. How long has she been famous for anyway, ohhhh like 5 mins. Mariah is way more famous and more talented then that ghetto bitch. Laterz Minaj!!!!! On your arse!!!! HEHEHE

jan

I have always thought Mariah was full of herself. This is the 1st year I will not be watching & it is mainly because of her.

karenjj

Mariah is so full of herself. Will she even notice there are actual contestants around? I doubt it. She is there to be seen and for no other reason. She couldn't care less about anyone else. KICK HER ASS, NICKI!

annoyed in SF

as diva as mariah carey is i know that she is far too professional to call nicki the b word repeatedly or even once while filming american idol...she;s not stupid. nicki, try again.

Laura

They're both bitches--but at least Mariah is an enormous talent, and has worked hard in the industry for many years. I respect that. Minaj has no talent, so she brings nothing to the table at Idol, except chaos and turmoil.

MrGr3yy

Mariah is known for her diva behavior. After seeing her MTV cribs special i knew she had major issues. She seems very spoiled and narcissistic. and im sure she is not use to anyone one calling her out on her BS. I dont agree with how Nicki approached to the situation, but i can just image all the smat ass comments Mariah has been tossing towards Nicki. Mariah thought she could get away with it without any repercussions. I bet Mariah will watch what she says now.

Revelations

They should just cancel this show, it's horrible with these clowns like Carey and minaj