QVC Guest Host

Collapses

On Live TV

10/8/2012 1:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

100812_qvc_faintQVC guest host Cassie Slane experienced an on-air medical emergency yesterday on live TV -- clutching her chest and collapsing on her co-host -- but thankfully, she's doing much better now.

Cassie and co-host Dan Hughes were hocking tablet devices for kids on the show "Sundays with Carolyn and Dan" when Cassie suddenly looked ill and fell over, appearing to faint.

The camera immediately cut away -- but Dan kept pitching the product, presumably while Cassie received some kind of medical attention.

Cassie returned to the camera moments later to pick up right where she left off ... but a few seconds in, she started slurring her words. The camera cut again and Dan finally said, "Cassie's having a little problem."

It's unclear what went wrong -- but Cassie took to Twitter hours ago, saying, "Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Feeling better today."

FYI -- it's not the first time Cassie has collapsed on air --a similar incident occurred during an electronics segment in 2010.

Leo.snaith

Poor thing that's happened to me befor :(

Lisa

I can't believe they allowed her to continue. To me, it looks like she was having a stroke. Her speech was getting muffled. I could be wrong. But God, I just felt like hugging her. I hope her parents weren't watching.

karmc

Seems like a seizure or low glucose (as in diabetes). Glad she's ok!

Jannie

Looks like a T.I.A. It has no ilngering effects though it's scary as hell. It's like a tiny, non-damaging brain stroke. She should take it very seriously though. This small episodes usually precede a major crippling or probably fatal attack.

She's baaaack

It would have been really cool if she vomited all over that tablet she was hawking.

monkey butler

Hawking, not hocking. Unless they were also on an episode of Pawn Stars at the same time.

iHawkk

Aww

Belizeanborn

I believe what she experienced is the same thing that a reporter had on air not too long ago. Her speech started going bad and she had that same look of "these words are not coming out the way I want them to".

kitnplayn

The same thing happened to another broadcaster, named Serene Branson. She was having a stroke.

Felicia

Seems like mini strokes to me. Hope they figure out whats wrong with her, thats no way to live.

toony

I just took a CPR certification today & that is definitely NOT how the show should have handled it. Put her back on the air I mean. Unless she has seizure disorder or similar she should have been taken to the hospital. After a seizure someone needs to rest, not hawk things on QVC!

buzz kill

Looks like more than prices are falling on QVC.

Manimal

If they sell heart monitors she should buy one.

alphaomega

Is it me or does Cassie Slane like to faint while selling tablets??? Is it a sign that tablets are dangerous??

sean

I hope Cassie is getting the tests necessary to see what's truly going on here. Please get well, and don't be afraid to take some time off from QVC. Someone else can hawk the sequined kitty sweaters while you're gone.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments