« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

CM Punk

Punches Fan at WWE Event

Cops Interview Victim

10/9/2012 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1009-cm-punk-youtube
Police in Sacramento, CA have interviewed a WWE fan who was punched in the face by CM Punk during a live televised event Monday night ... TMZ has learned.

The incident occurred on "Monday Night Raw" -- when Punk went into the crowd after a match ... and several fans began to get physical with him.

At first, Punk shrugged off the fans ... but the wrestler snapped when someone made contact with the back of Punk's head.

Punk unleashes a punch at the person he thinks hit him ... taking the guy down hard.

The victim met with police shortly after the incident ... and a rep for the Sacramento County Sheriff's Dept. tells us the man didn't appear to have any major injuries that required medical attention.

But later that night, the victim re-contacted police ... and said he had developed pain in his knees.

Cops say officers took the victim's statement and are determining whether to conduct a full investigation into the matter.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back."

The rep adds, "WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

yung kirk

LMFAO i saw this last night i knew it would be on TMZ hahaha

Jim

The fan did hit him, but he was just trying to put on his shades. it's the other fans fault cause he kept pushing cm punk and messing with him which made punk madder and madder, its entertainment for a reason. Good to have fun boo and yell but should never physical provoke a wrestler.

coco

That guy is drunk an he pushed punk 3 times in a way that every man whould have punched him like that

sean

**** u punk what a s***bag

John Cena

I just think Punk doesn't know who he is.
I mean he took Savage's elbow, he's wearing Bret's colors and from watching the video he's taken Benoit's damaged brain.

Mike

I would be proud to be punched in the face by the best in the world

hachy13

Well, is fans fault. If you see the mach and you see the wrestler come don't try to get to close to them, you don't know in the moment whats gonna happen. Fans need to be really careful (but NO they like to get the punch so they can Sue). But if clearly in the video that fans punch him many times and he get tired of that. Well is not big deal to WWE they have to money to pay for a idiot get in the way.

I am Spartacus

"I think the whole situation sucks," Punk said. "It's an unfortunate and isolated incident. I was up in the stands, surrounded. Somebody said, ‘let's push him down the stairs. I got hit in the ribs three times. I was getting shoved and I was getting punched…Then I started getting tagged in the back of the head. Unfortunately, I lashed out in the heat of the moment and I apologize. I'm really just glad nobody was hurt."

Chad

It's too bad he didn't hit the right guy. Stupid ******* was having fun pushing CM Punk, too bad he didn't get what he deserved.

VanWilderRyan

It was obviously a misunderstanding. The real guy was hiding directly behind the guy who got hit. If Punk had hit the guy who had actually hit him, he would have definitely deserved it. Any true wrestling fan knows if you get physical with a wrestler, all bets are off.

Gary

Maybe he should join the UFC if he wasnt to fight people instead of acting

Randy Scouse Git

Punk might have thought it was a run. It sounds like he was not in a safe environment and protected himself. The victim just see's Vince McMahon's dollars. Don't touch Punk next time.

Mark

Honestly, sure he should get a little something for this incident that is for sure... He would be best with WM tickets because he didnt get hurt and wont get much... Which is why he made up the knee crap lol ooh my knees dude u got up and were standing behind cm punk after he hit you and you were fine..

So clearly the knees is bs and he will be lucky to get something.. Still punk knew that other guy pushed him and pretty hard tbh the guy that pushed punk is on camera and should be facing serious charges for attempt to push a man down stairs for no reason

John Stevens

Psh. Punk got pushed a numerous amount of times. He surely got fed up. Not sure about the lawsuit situation, but the building's security should be held accountable as they weren't by Punk's side as he kept getting pushed.

Argent009

This is a horrible video, there are much clearer ones on YouTube. I cut down a very small segment on my channel where you can clearly see that the guy that Punk hits actually did strike him with his forearm, though he wasn't the one who was shoving him. I think it was accidental and perhaps partially caused by the jerk behind him but never the less, the guy did make contact with the back of Punk's head, so he's got no real leg to stand on in court I'm afraid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments