« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

siouxfla

I can't believe I am saying this...I think his family should have a dog. All children benefit from owning and loving a family pet and perhaps this is how his children will learn the proper way to take care of a dog. Don't get me wrong, I hate what he did, in fact, I quit watching NFL due to their taking him back! I am also a dog owner and lover of all animals. My friends think I am crazy saying that I think Michael Vick's family should be allowed to have a dog (of course, they do need to care for it properly) but everyone deserves a second chance, even a dog killer. Please Michael,don't prove me wrong!!!

John Betteroffer

Mike VIck should have that dog taken away and then have to explain to his kids why it was taken away.
He lost his chance and his families to have a pet dog. If his kids really want a pet so bad get them a cat or a hamster.

paul a.

Ive supported Vick all through his ordeal, but i do think that one price he must pay is to never be allowed to have a pet again. I know this would be hard on his kids but........

dom

the new animal abuse registry law should be called 'the vick law' in his honor

chloegirl

This is a freaking disgrace! Vick says "As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."
WHAT??? Does his children know what he did to all those poor pitbulls????? This man should have been banned from ever owning a dog ever again! I don't care if his probation is complete so now he can have an animal! When a human being tortures an animal the way this SOB did, they should never be allowed to have another animal ever! OMG I could rant about this for hours!!!

dee

He did NO time for animal cruelty...he did time for RUNNING a dogfighting operation.

Steelers suck

I hope the dog eats his face off while the puke is asleep!

Lisa B

michael vick has paid his dues and he doesnt owe crap to anyone! he did his time in prison, pretty much lost everything....hes human and made a horrible choice in which he manned up and suffered the consequences....irregardless of what ppl say about him, he is and was one of the BEST quarterbacks in the NFL and its time for every1 to move on! hes paid his debts and deserves another chance!

mary

This ******* should not have a dog.. He has already taught he kids how to fight them and kill them.I hate to see what he has in store for this poor dog.

Carla

Vick DID NOT serve time for his abuse of animals, he served for ILLEGAL GAMBLING. He has NEVER paid the debt for his animal abuse/dog fighting. Please get your facts straight TMZ!

gothictruth22

who the heck would give that murdering prick a dog anyway, he should still be locked up

Michelle

Good sound bite...Still hate him. And I don't think he should be able to own a dog.

jokerchick

ugh, I'm an avid lover of Pits and have owned 2 of the sweetest (yes, sweet and loving), smartest Pits ever...that said, I have no problem with him owning a dog since he's been off my radar after he served his time...if it happens again, I say we take him out back and fcuking shoot him...hey, people somehow forgave Amy Fisher for shooting a woman in the HEAD (I saw her on TruTV cracking jokes like she's not the fcuking devil)

michelle

killer, never never should be anywhere near any animals. who cares about what his kids want, what about what the poor dogs didn't want. to be killed by him. shame, shame he needs to suffer the rest of his life. end up just like the dogs did.

Gayle

I hope the dogs bites him. No way should he be able to own a dog. He's a heartless piece of what comes out of the dogs butt.