Taryn Manning

Charged With

Brutally Beating Make-Up Lady

10/12/2012 4:45 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/12/2012 11:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1012_taryn_manning_getty_article
update_bar
11:00 AM PT -- According to the criminal complaint, Taryn is accused of punching her makeup artist in the face, kicking her in the face and torso, scratching her, grabbing her by the hair and slamming her against the floor and wall, and choking her.

Taryn was in court this morning for two misdemeanor charges -- assault in the third degree and criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation.

According to law enforcement sources, Taryn is being released from custody on her own recognizance.

0314_divider_graphic
Actress Taryn Manning was arrested for allegedly whupping her makeup artist's butt -- and it all went down in Lindsay Lohan's favorite NYC hotel.

According to NYPD, Manning -- star of "8 Mile" and "Hustle and Flow" -- was busted early Thursday morning in her room at the Dream Downtown Hotel ... accused of punching and kicking the woman during a brawl.

Law enforcement sources tell us the alleged victim is Manning's 23-year-old makeup artist.

33-year-old Manning has hired famed defense attorney Joe Tacopina.

The Dream has seen a ton of action lately -- that's where LiLo allegedly hit a pedestrian with a Porsche ... and where she hung out with her mother before their limo fight.

LA_Bugsy

Are we supposed to know who she is?!?

LA_Bugsy

Are we supposed to know who she is?!?

marvin nubwaxer

ca-ching says the civil suit plea deal that quashes the whole thing.

Marcus

I mean I saw the after photos of TM and GOD the makeup artist did her BEST! Right. AND she still looked like she pulled a all nighter to get her colors and patch.............Best ho on her knees and two wheels.....

devotedwatcher

Obviously her makeup artist did a screwed up job. Then again, there's not much she could have done with that face anyhow.

AngelinaJolie-Pitt#1Fan89

Wow..I can't believe she did that! I seen some of her movies..I seen her on 8 mile,Hawaii Five-0,2012 Zombie Apocalypse, and a few others..I think she is a good actress..I hope she will stay out of trouble..I wish the best for Taryn Manning :)

count_schemula

"Actress Taryn Manning" wait, you're losing me...

Guillaume le Bâtard,