LAPD on Swatting Pranks

SOMEONE'S GONNA DIE

10/16/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1015_justin_bieber_ashton_kutcher_miley_cyrus_article_tmz_getty
The LAPD is gravely concerned ... someone will DIE if the rash of celebrity "swatting" pranks continues ... TMZ has learned.

You'll recall Miley CyrusAshton Kutcher, and Justin Bieber have all been targeted by "swatting" pranks -- where someone calls 911 to report what they say is a deadly shooting, just for the thrill of seeing the SWAT team respond.

One law enforcement source deeply involved in the investigation warns ... if the pranks continue, it's only a matter of time before an innocent person is mistaken for a phantom shooter and gets shot to death.

Cops are alarmed at the rash of swatting incidents and fear they will escalate even more. They also say it's inevitable that someone waiting for emergency help may die while cops and EMTs are off responding to swatting calls.

But there's good news -- We're told the LAPD has several promising leads ... including electronic footprints left by the people making the prank calls. And in the case of Ashton Kutcher, we're told cops believe the people behind his swatting incident were scoping out his house, and nearby homeowners may be providing some hot leads.

Jackie

Celebs when they are out of jobs, they come up with all stupidity fake shows. ENOUGH ENOUGH.

Bitch please

Its probably the loser celebs themselves doing it to stay relevant in the media. Dumba§§es.

Gretel

I see no humor in mobilizing a SWAT team. None.

marymac

Cops need to stop going to these calls.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

It will keep happening because the media will keep giving it attention. Maybe try being responsible, TMZ, and stop covering these incidences. And stop calling it by a cutesy name.

cobrazombie

You're giving them what they want. Headlines. Congratulations, media.

RATTLESNAKE

f a wk celebs i had a live intruder throwing bricks thru my front window in L.A. and the LAPD only wanted to take a report over the phone... Last I knew i paid taxes too...

The New Improved Sock Puppet

If someone is going to die and I had to choose between Bieber, Kucher, and Cyrus I would have to draw lots for who I wanted to go first, second, and third, unless they could all go at once, which would be my pick.

Phishie from Philly

I think the LAPD really work for the stars. Between the swatting pranks, Bieber's paparazzi chases and Miley's bar fights. Come on here, I think the stars should pay the LAPD.
Phishie from Philly

Spicy mag

Send the swat to Berbers house every day and eventually he will get shot up like on csi.

NOT ELMO

the pizza in my city is great....

tracker

Interesting,ashton,beiber,cyrus,all involed in 'PUNKED EPISODES'TIME TO GROW UP ,SOMEONE WILL DIE AND LIKELY AN INNOCENT LIKE THE CONTRACTORS WHO WERE WORKING ON ASHTONS HOUSE..HEY JUSTIN?GET YOUR COMPUTER BACK YET? BUNCH OF MORONS !!!!

Passion Of The Taint

IS IT OKAY TO HOPE FOR ALL THREE?

THEY MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL YEARS AGO!

Rhubino

I'm not too sure about the wisdom of the "someone's going to die" warning. It may give the fuktards more incentive. If they're going this stupidly, irresponsibly far why would the possibility of someone getting hurt/killed stop them? I can't stand these morons that do this type of crap. It's in the same category as pointing pocket lasers at planes. Dumb, dumb, ignorant little pukes.

Jay

Any one of the three pictured would be ok with me

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments