Britney Spears Trial

Justin Timberlake Blamed

For Her Meltdown

10/19/2012 2:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1019_justin_britney_01
Lawyers for the defense in the Britney Spears trial have just blamed Britney's breakup with Justin Timberlake for her downward spiral that ultimately got her 5150'd, TMZ has learned.

According to a lawyer for Lynne Spears and Britney -- who made opening statements for the defense just moments ago -- the breakup with Justin ended in pain and sent the singer in a downward spiral.

According to the lawyer, prior to the relationship with Justin, Britney was a "ray of light." But after the breakup ... she became "angered and depressed."

Interesting ... because based on JT's "Cry Me a River" video, we were under the impression that he dumped Britney's ass because she cheated on him.

Story developing ...

Phalen

Wasn't she married and just had two kids with another man? So what does Justin have to do with it?

myopinion

That's sad! I heard that she was really in love with JT! Hopefully she has gotten over him and moved on with her life!

Mary Bailey

It's more likely her mental problems presenting themselves and the break up just happened to occur around the same time. She most likely would have suffered a psychotic break even if Justin had stayed with her.

how lame

I guess that sounds better than having a meltdown over Kevin Federline.

Big Ad

JT is the man. He has all of the hot chicks losing their mind over him...and now he's married to one of the hottest chicks in show business....I love that guy...and I'm straight as they come!!!

Jleigh

Why are they bringing him into this now on his wedding weekend? Damn. No respect. We all know it was Kevin Down Home Country Federline that was a catalyst IF ANYONE other than Britney is to blame.

WatcherOne

His song, "Cry Me a River" to Britney was probably pretty devastating to her. But that was long ago...

Give me a break!

Really? Who did she cheat on JT with again?

Jenny

I always thought that... she started rebelling right after their breakup in 2002-2003....she rebelled by marrying kevin and it all caught up with her and she fell about....i dont think the public saw it until 2006, but it was right after she wrapped her Onyx hotel tour she showed signs.

A1A

Justin must be packing some serious meat to cause such withdrawals in a grown woman.

MADE MAN

Justin was ****ing her right. He used to date shar Jackson a black woman so you know he was ****ing her good. I'm not buying it tho bc there's nobody in the world worth cutting my hair off for bc I'm depressed. I believenshe did cut her hair to dismiss traits of drugs lol. Only white people

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Oh, come on.

Candyboss

Please if breaking up with someone drives you mad we would all be crazed@

ohboy

NO, what happened was Timberlake was with her for years and he knew she was a little off. People that are bi-polar don't just start acting out because of a breakup. She always acted crazy, we just didn't see it in public, but Justin Timberlake was with her for years. He probably broke up with her because she actually scared the sh*t out of him. I don't blame him, and he took the high road by not talking to the media about it. BOTTOM LINE, she always acted crazy, yet you people say it started AFTER they broke up. Just not true, when you're clinically mental, you've acted that way your whole life. Her family knew about her problems before Justin. Not Justin's fault at all. I personally can't stand "bi-polar" people. I've worked with them, and they are hateful people. Nice one minute, moody the next.

Jim in Cali

Lame argument by Lynne's lawyers. Britney wasn't with Justin for over 5 yrs. Nobody is depressed and angry for that long about a former love.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments