Homeless Guy

I Got Paid $40 to Appear

in JT's Wedding Video

10/25/2012 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102512_homeless_launch
One of the homeless men who appeared in a video reportedly featured at Justin Timberlake's wedding says he was paid $40 ... and had NO IDEA he was the punchline in a sick joke.

TMZ spoke with the man -- "Eddie" -- who tells us he was just minding his own business in Hollywood when he was approached by a man who offered him money in exchange for saying a few pre-written lines into the camera.

Eddie says the cameraman told him the video was being made for a friend's wedding -- Eddie had no idea it was for Timberlake and Jessica Biel.

When we told him how the footage was used, Eddie told us, "That makes me feel really bad ... that was a trick played on me."

In case you're wondering why Eddie is dressed so nicely in our video -- it's because he was out looking for a job yesterday.

"I'm gonna do my best to change my life."

team

I don't find the video humiliating for the "actors/actress", because I don't judge people based on how much money they have, then I don't find it humiliating.

AO4YAYO

and how was this guy tricked? seems to me he was told exactly what the footage would be used for and was more than happy to make the $40 bucks. I am sure he has done a lot worse to put a buck in his pocket.

and how is TMZ any better? Are they not using this homeless man to earn ratings for their site? I bet they didnt even give him $40 for his time and they will actually recieve tangible revenue from his interview

KittyCat

This actually made me tear up. Grossly overpaid "entertainers" making fun of this guy who is trying his hardest to survive?! Once you become soo rich, deals to make even more money are literally thrown at people (Sure, I'll start a golf bag line!), but when you're this poor finding a way to eat dinner is a challenge. JT and JB should buy this guy a modest home and Smart Car, but even that will not erase the pain of him having been the punch line of these a-holes sick joke. Go Eddie!!!

Kris Jenner and Kim K = money hungry plastic sellouts.

Aww I feel bad for him. Justin and Jessica better give him a nice sum of money, he deserves it, especially because he felt tricked and played by their douche friend. God bless him.

Kifferslady

Not only was in inappropriate but it was stupid too. Justin and Jessica need new friends. This was an epic fail.

Bitch please

Whoever did this and whoever else thought this is funny will get the worse Karma smack of their lives. If the married couple went along with it and laughed then i hope married ends in a horrible way. And everyone who thought this was funny has a horrible life. The end.

Bitch please

And TMZ everytime you guys mock and laugh at innocent people/children i hope all of you get the worse Karma of your lives. That goes with posting child rapists on your website. I hope you all end up miserable and fall ill to Karma. The end.

Bitch please

Theres a fine line posting celebrity gossip and a finer line posting convicted child rapist stories or homeless/ill people in the world. Stick to what this website is for "celebrity BS gossip"

KittyCat

Jt & JB should give Eddie the $300,000 they made for whoring out their wedding pictures. Amazing, this guy would probably work for a week to make $300, and they got married and were paid $300,000 for some pictures that were taken. F'in unreal.

Max

Disgusting. Typical celebrity hypocrites who worship at the alter of Obama. Sickening .....It makes me want to boycott anything hollywood............................

Max

Disgusting. Typical hypocritical hollywood celebrities who worship at the alter of Obama

h_illa

Massive engagement ring : $250K Celebrity weeding : $6.5Mil Exploiting a homeless man, down on his luck looking for work (AKA 47%) : $40 and oh yeah, PRICELESS. Welcome to the land of the peasants, paupers & pigs.. Fat, fat pigs.

JP

OH PLEASE! I hate the constant spins TMZ puts on stories. Where was this man's teeth and nice clothes when they filmed the original video? And he said he was on Canon?? In Beverly Hills? This is clearly one of those Beverly Hills bums that con people into giving them money. He should be lucky they gave him $40, and he probably was before the TMZ camera guy played him out to be a victim in all of this.

BB not bb

Oh boo hoo. He was so abused. He got $40 for 2 minutes of mindlessly easy work, while people wait in line all day to be a movie extra and then make only $150 for the day if they are picked. These guys in the video made out good. I don't see anyone being harmed by the video at all.

I notice this man not only dressed up and went to look for a job, but it looks like he had some teeth pulled. Maybe he just felt better about himself all around and sought to make changes in his life after doing the video.

You would hardly know it was the same person today as last time. Why do people have to get involved in other people's business and relationships. This man would never have felt bad if the reporter didn't run to him with the gossip. Now maybe he will go back to being depressed.

Gossip can be really evil. It is not a joke, it is words about people that can hurt them.

BB not bb

People complain about this but have they ever seen Homeless Hollywood Squares on the Howard Stern Show? I wonder if they went berzerk over that too. Homeless people were competing for a shopping cart full of food. It was funny also.

This is the same humor as Howard Stern and his cast of strange characters. So what? Are people going berzerk after him? He is like mainstream now.

Someone may look homeless but have a home, or be homeless but not look it. People are jumping to conclusions based on their own prejudices. If they didn't think the people in the video were shameful, they wouldn't be so mad that they were shown at a wedding. Talk about hypocrites.