Mitt Romney

Judge UNSEALS Docs,

Allred Gets Shut Down

10/25/2012 5:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1025_gloria_allred_court_article
Mitt Romney's testimony in his friend's divorce case -- in which he's accused of lying under oath to screw over his friend's ex-wife -- will be unsealed today and released to the Boston Globe ... the judge has ruled.

As we first reported, Mitt testified in the divorce of Staples' founder Tom Stemberg -- and Tom's ex-wife Maureen claims Mitt lied under oath, falsely undervaluing Staples' stock in order to shaft her in the divorce.

Mitt's people have already said the Presidential hopeful doesn't care if the testimony is released -- he has nothing to hide.

Things didn't fare so well for Gloria Allred -- her request to ungag her client was shut down by the hot judge ... because Gloria never submitted an official motion to the court.

Gloria was grasping at straws in a last ditch effort to get the judge to cut her a break -- but she was shot down, hard.

The transcripts will be released to the Globe any minute.

update_bar
8:30 AM PT -- Gloria denied accusations she's a "surrogate" for the Democratic party ... who's only representing Stemberg in order to wreak havoc on the Romney campaign.

8:20 AM PT  --
During a news conference, Gloria accused the Boston Globe of pulling a "double-cross" because she says the paper abandoned its motion to have the gag order against Maureen Sullivan Stemberg lifted.

Previous 15 Comments | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28

blueskies

Seriously, TMZ - if you're so concerned about presidential candidates lying, why aren't you writing stories about the big fat lying going on by Obama and his minions over the Bengahzi attack. It's something that's actually relevant and CURRENT, not an irrelevant non-story that's more than 20 years old perpetrated by a publicity whore like Gloria Allred. Oh wait, I forgot, you guys always throw in with the publicity whores.

rogernkc

How do you spell SKANK?

RAP

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who's the sleazyist one of all? Gloria, you take the prize.

Yup

WHORE-ia allred needs to shut her pie hole. The Boston Globe's interest is in the story, and, with their support, the judge unsealed the records, so they could look at the docuumentation. HOWEVER, unlike her, they're not interested in engaging in a campaign of innuendo & character assassination, so they withdrew their gag order lifting request.

Grow up, WHORE-ia; the world doesn't think like you or value your opinion as highly as you do. Now, run along & find some other woman you can represent to do teary press conferences & try to blackmail/extort money out of some male actor; it's about all you're good for these days...

Bear

Ok I need to say this, this is the first time that I’m writing my opinion but enough is enough. I have seen it all when it comes to politics and the court system. The first thing is Allred aka TV whore has a history of dirty politics. Both Allred & Trump are IDIOTS & if the American people don’t see that then too bad.
I hear only what Rummy & Obama has to say and no one else. I then vote for what I think is the best man. As far as lying in court / under oath, I know that just about every tells a LIE. Some tell small one & others tell big one. I know that attorneys, Law Enforcement and just about everyone lies. When I was watching Obama on TV he lied to us by saying that he didn’t apologize for American people. I know he did lie to us about that. Vote for who YOU THINK and not what people tell you will be the best for our loved USA.

Norwood North

Wow, I glanced at the transcripts and Romney is an incredible multitasker! ...on detailed stuff. Sounds like a President we need...

Norwood North

I glanced at the transcripts. Wow! Mitt Romney is an incredible multitasker on detiled things! Sounds like a President we could use these days...that's for sure!
He can do alot of things at once...Unlike Obama :-)

Previous 15 Comments | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28