« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives' L.A.

Four Wives

Axed From the Show

10/28/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1028_asjetball_wives
"Basketball Wives: L.A." axed four of its six cast members -- and TMZ has learned the catalyst was when Gloria Govan shut producers out of her nuptials to L.A. Clippers star Matt Barnes.

Sources connected to the show tell TMZ the producers are getting rid of Gloria, Laura Govan, Malaysia Pargo and Brooke Bailey because the wives, especially Gloria, weren't allowing "all of their reality to be filmed."

We're told the breaking point came when Gloria (who is known for her feisty ways) jetted off to Vegas to marry Barnes -- and didn't even let the show know about it. Our sources say the producers felt extremely disrespected by her actions and made the decision to clean house.

Our sources tell us the producers haven't told the wives they're getting fired yet, but are already looking for new women to fill their spots.

Draya Michele and Jackie Christie will be the only returning members.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Toilethead

Why do people even watch garbage like that?

Bodie

So TMZ is giving them the axe notice????
Now thats HOLLYWOOD style!! Vile and disturbing!!!!!

Phishie from Philly

If I were one of the 2 remaining wives I'd be asking for a big fat raise. $$$$$$$. Shooowwwwww me the moneyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Phishie from Philly

TheBestHeEverHad

I don't watch this type of "reality" tv, but some things are meant to be private and drama free and a wedding is absolutely one of them. Congrats to them for having sense enough not to televise everything.

Phishie from Philly

Why do all basketball wives wear stripper heels & clothes? I guess that's because basketball players find them at strip clubs.
Phishie from Philly

MckeeMorris

my friend's aunt makes $88/hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for seven months but last month her check was $19914 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here's the site to read more View More

LRT

Why not AX all of them....???? Garbage!

Mike L

They know they're getting fired now. Thanks TMZ, for making life easier on the Producers.

Ladies, Good luck in your future endeavors. YOU'RE FIRED! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You can thank Gloria for your dismissal. Do to her whatever you please, we don't care.

arn7777

they were ghetto fabulous anyway! trash.
good riddance!
if only we cld get rid of those annoying kardashians!

Jus

Oh well! This show is ****ing dumb anyway. Most of these women are either jumpoffs or baby mams, and the last time I checked, that doesn't qualify you as being a basketball wife.

Katrice

Awesome. This show is too boring. Draya is cool. I can't stand watching Gloria but I am sure she will pop her gerbil face up somewhere else soon that I don't wan't to see her. Her annoying husband was on Ink Master last week disrupting my viewing pleasure.

datruth

"Wives"?...just like some of these women the word is used loosely.

Stiletto

Maybe they are planning some reverse affirmative action and going to feature some white wives?

Soamazing

Jackie and Draya aren't getting along. So, leaving these two ladies on the show will make for an interesting new beginning when they each have to scrap to be the newbies friends. I liked Malaysia, too much Botoxing, but otherwise... I liked Brooke. And what about Bambi?

EMB

The girls turned around and AXED why they got fired.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments