Russell Simmons

on NYC Homeless

'THEY'RE F**KED'

10/31/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

103012_rusell_simmons_launch
Russell Simmons says the homeless people who live in NYC are totally "f**ked" ... after Hurricane Sandy ravaged the city ... and now he's placing the blame on Mayor Bloomberg.

Simmons says he's grateful he was in L.A. during the storm, but says he's positive some of his properties sustained damage -- "My pad in the Hamptons might be twisted."

But when we brought up New York's homeless population, Russell couldn't have been more blunt -- "They're f**cked ... it's terrible."

"I mean I love Mayor Bloomberg," Simmons said ... "But he did a sh**ty job with the homeless ... and now look at the mess ... really, I don't know what to say."

moe l.

Hey Russell - you have millions and are part of the 1% - why don't you donate some of those millions???
Bet you won't....

Sherron

DREAM ON most of these wealthy people just help them selves they could care less about others. The Khardashians are a good example of that!

LiLJ123

then get your ass out there and help out. in stead of talking **** and blaming people stand up and do sumthing

Ih8Taxes

Sure sounds like a 1 percenter to me.

myopinion

What was the mayor suppose to do? maybe he thought the mayor should have housed them when he found out the storm was coming.

No comment

Typical flippin Obama supporter. Oh the poor homeless...btw, my house in the Hamptons. What a POS!

jenny ruby

if there "son" gets removed from their care i want to adopt him.
I dont want that sweet child to get put back in "foster " system.

Kali

You don't have to be rich to help someone poor. Russell is a douche but he's telling the absolute truth. God is not going to stop with the weather punishment until people learn this. This Fall, Winter, and Spring will be the worst in recorded history if people don't stop being selfish. Expect to see a lot of deaths soon.

jade

he's right.they're **** rd,they had all week too find. A shelter .

gpzjack

Bloomberg was too busy banning soda and guns to care about any real issues...he's a POS

Tara

That Douche has millions of dollars you never see him down on the streets.. F Him..

Tara

Also the Homeless in NYC make about $50 an hour or more from tourists.. I dont feel bad for them at all. they dont pay taxes or pay rent. They make more Then I do at a job.

Papichulo168

TMZ wants to blame Bloomberg so they got someone else to do it for them.

Selebraties Suck

Maybe all the Homeless can go occupy his Hamptons Estate.

Selebraties Suck

Wow, I didn't KNOW there were homeless people since Obama took office.

Who the Fluke Knew?