Uppercut Bus Driver

FIRED

You Broke the Rules

11/6/2012 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

**WARNING -- VIDEO CONTAINS REALLY BAD LANGUAGE**

The Cleveland bus driver who fired back at an aggressive female passenger with a FEROCIOUS uppercut to the face ... has been fired by his bus company.

The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority has announced ... Artis Hughes was terminated from his job ... for not following policy after he was assaulted by the passenger back in September.

In a statement, the RTA explains ...  "Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim."

"We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation."

"The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance."

However, RTA does say ... "The customer was out of line and charges have been filed against her."

Moments after the driver smacked the woman, he told her, "She wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man."

So far, no comment from the bus driver.

MoniKaur7

She deserved every bit of it! Good for the bus driver and hopefully he smacked some decency into her!! Woohoo, go Pops!

Brad

iM WITH THE DRIVER!

Kaja

She deserved it she was purposely trying to provoke him what did she think would happen? You can only take so much crap until you act out of anger.

Nayrika Masjedi

I agree that his firing is correct, but that girl needs to be arrested.

walter

She deserved that and a right cross for her attitude.

lace07seelye

Im with the bus driver! Act like a man get treated like a man!!

hummm

I can picture this a*** h***le shaking her head like a bubble head doll. She totally deserve it.

jazmine

i'm glad!! whatever happened to ladies acting like ladies. you want to act like a man you deserve to get decked like a man. hopefully she wont act so tough next time. hahah love it!!!

hotbitch

I just feel bad that this guy won't receive a pension after 22 years of service all because of this low-class bitch. She had it coming....and I'm a woman!

Mali

If I had a company I would hire him.

jim2jamm

When will these young girls learn that all men were not raised to not hit women. Lol!! She got served!

croc

just be glad that they were ALL black. fact.

ANS84

WTF was that all about even? What's the context here? Why was she making a scene? I'm a little feisty woman, but she was out of control. I don't really know how I feel about this.

yesthisisme2011

AMEN, Hey you wanna act like a man, I am gonna treat you like one. Clearly she came at him first. Best part?? not only the upper cut but come on choking a sister too=hell yeah

No comment

As the woman in video likes to say...Typical ***** behavior.