Ariel Winter

I Can Work Without

My Mother's Help

11/8/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1108_ariel_winter_coleman_rayner
Ariel Winter refused to miss work this morning ... despite the family drama in her personal life ... and soldiered over to the "Modern Family" set without her mother.

We broke the story ... the 14-year-old actress, who plays Alex Dunphy on the show, was removed from her mother's care by a judge in the wake of serious allegations of physical and emotional abuse.

Ariel is now in the care of her older sister Shanelle -- who has temporary guardianship over the actress. Her mother, Chrystal, has been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away.

This morning, Ariel hitched a ride to work with a female companion ... sporting a brave face in front of the media.

The family is due back in court on Nov. 20.

Gretel

I think there should be a national law about children who earn income and how it should be handled by some type of professional trust until they reach 25.

ohboy

Who cares. Regardless of her background, she's going to grow to be yet another snot-nosed little White girl that will never know what real work is. Ahhh, I guess you call her a future Democrat.

Truth

YET I KEEP HEARING OTHER STORIES THAT THIS SNOT NOSED BRAT IS JUST AS VERBALLY ABUSIVE TO HER MOM AND TREATS HER LIKE SH*T WITH THE "I'M A F*CKING STAR" ATTITUDE. JUST LIKE THE BUS DRIVER WHO GAVE THAT MOUTHY RACIST UNEDUCATED BLACK CHIC AN UPPERCUT TO THE JAW... SOONER OR LATER PUSH COMES TO SHOVE. I HEAR THE OLDER SIS SHANELLE HAD A SIMILAR ATTITUDE BACK IN THE DAY AND CLAIMED THE SAME ABUSE. HAVE TO SEE THE PICS, VIDS AND AUDIO FROM THE COURT TO BELIEVE WHAT'S REAL OR BULLSH*T. #TRUTH!!

Observer999

Hey TMZ, you blood-suckers. She's 14. Leave her and her problems OFF your website.

Sally

Hopefully, she will not have to go back to her Mother. She is a kid, so I think the news have been covered too much.

wendy

perhaps lindsay lohan should have done this when she was 14, maybe her life would be different today

Pookie

Why is a 14 year old "hitching a ride to WORK"? 14 year olds should be in SCHOOL! This putting your kids to work and living off them is child abuse.

Pookie

TMZ: Please ban OHBOY. I'd rather have Kooky Klown back than read this lame azz POS's posts.

ChuckA41

I like this girl on Modern Family. I know it's just a show, but she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I think reporting on something like this involving a young girl is a tad irresponsible. Just my opinion.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2