David Cassidy

GET OUT OF MY HOME!

11/8/2012 12:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1102-david-cassidy-tmz
David Cassidy  wants to exterminate his Florida home, but he's not on the hunt for bugs ... he wants his alleged deadbeat tenants out.

David and his wife filed an eviction lawsuit against a Nick and Anne Economos ... who currently lease the Cassidy's sunny Fort Lauderdale home.

The Cassidys claim Nick and Anne stopped paying rent in August and haven't paid a dime since.

Cassidy says back rent totals $10k as of the end of September and they've had it.

The Economoses defense is interesting. They claim they struck a deal with the lender that holds the mortgage to the property and that agreement provides they don't have to pay rent.

The Cassidys aren't buying it for a second and they want their dough and an empty house ... stat.

Jordan

My bet is a judge will not buy that defece either the mortgage company does not have the authority to make a deal like that.

Reg

TMZ. LOSE THE FVCKING SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ELMO

good luck with that...

Majestik

ROFLMAO, Um, TENANTS of a place, they lease, claim they don't have to pay rent? How the FREAK does that happen? OMG. what the hell is with Thursday, November 8, 2012, the last FOUR threads you posted are all out of the blue...is it a FULL MOON TONIGHT? GTFOH

Cartman

David, kick dey asses.

Tenants always try and screw landlords especially if they are famous.

Welcome to the Obama economy!

Raejean

No reputable lender would endorse that...it rather transparently sets the property owner up to default. No, it's just part of the tenants' scam. Cassidy needs to get a judgment/court order to evict them.

Ace

Maybe he has an old bus they can live in.

Regina

bankers are not going to let a person stay in a house for free. They are going to want their money. Plus, they wouldn't have the authority to allow a person who doesn't own the house to do something like that.
It's called being a professional tenant. People who go and rent houses and apts, and they find loopholes and stuff to stay in a place for free until they are kicked out and they do it all over again. It's a scam nonetheless.
Harvey should know, he talks about it all the time on the People's Court, which he is ON.

PatinNJ

he's still alive?

Fibb

I see David Cassidy's hair transplant has filled in very nicely....wonder what dr. he went to......

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I heard he wants them out because Randy and Evi Quaid thought it sounded like just the place for them.

Phishie from Philly

Just sing one of your songs David boy.
I know it's over for me baby, so get out of my house
There's no easy way to start but just get out
To say the words, I'll break your face
But I know it's over for me you useless tenant
It tears me up to see you still in my house
I don't know how, I don't know why but you can't pay your rent. Get the f out
Phishie from Philly

ManiacalZebra

The lender has no say in who lives there or pays rent unless they have successfully foreclosed on the property. Until then, the mortgage holder decides who live there and what rent is paid.

John

It's so strange to remember David Cassidy being one of the cutest of the teen Idols. Looks like he turned into his father Jack. He put Beiber and Efron to shame with that haircut , face and smile.

DaveT

So we can make deals with lenders now that allow us to live rent-free in someone else's house?
Cool! My neighbor's got a bigger pool than me...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments